- fanfictions -

Title : Untitled
Author : Chibi Angel
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu
Parts : 2

Sakuragi froze as he stared at Rukawa. The fox had pinned him down to the gym floor and was kneeling over him. His usual icy blue eyes were burning this time. From what, Sakuragi could not guess. He was stunned and his mind was at a blank.

" D--Hanamichi," Rukawa spoke up, breaking the awkward silence. His low, calm voice registered into Sakuragi's head finally, and different thoughts whizzed through his mind. What am I doing? Shit. Shouldn't have thanked the baka kitsune in the first place. Now he's gonna beat me up just because he thinks I'm trying to make fun of him! Grr... I gotta fight back somehow... WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT DID HE CALL ME JUST NOW!!!???

" ...Hanamichi...do you...really hate me...?" Rukawa inched his face closer and closer to Hanamichi's slowly.

Huh!? What kind of question is that? Isn't it obvious!!?? Ok, maybe I don't hate you that much now, maybe I admire you for your basketball skills (Just.A.Little!) , but as long as Haruko-san gets heart-shaped eyes when YOU show off, you are my rival! But, why are you asking me such a dumb question now, kitsune? Hanamichi stared back blankly. There was so much going through his mind that he did not notice Rukawa coming closer to him.

"...I like you, Hanamichi..." Rukawa lowered his head to close up whatever space was between them. Gently touching Hanamichi's lips, he half-closed his eyes, all the while watching Hanamichi's reaction. Hana's lips felt really soft against his, bright honey-brown eyes widened in surprise, raw emotion flashing in them. Surprise, confusion, fear, but there was something else. Rukawa could not identify it. He tightened his grip, afraid that Hanamichi would run away. Hanamichi was too shocked to respond, whether it was accepting Rukawa, or pushing him away to beat him to a pulp. After a while, Rukawa broke the kiss in disappointment, sensing that Hanamichi would not respond to his kiss. He held Hanamichi by the shoulder, and seeing that he was still in a daze, he shook Hanamichi gently.

" Oi...do'aho..."

That immediately snapped Hanamichi back into the real world.

" Baka Kitsune! who are you calling do'aho!?" He hit Rukawa, sending the raven-haired boy a little distance away from him. Rukawa prepared for the further blows, but to his utmost surprise, the punches did not come onto him. He looked up, and saw Hanamichi sitting down on the floor, a disbelieving look on his face. Hanamichi touched his lips lightly, as if they would break under pressure. He just stood there, dazed. Rukawa tried to find something to say. But, how could he explain himself? The truth was simple, yet so complicated. He loved Hanamichi, but could Hanamichi accept him? He did not really feel like talking right at that moment. The silence was haunting, but he preferred it to having another quarrel and fight with Hanamichi. He snapped back to reality when he heard Hanamichi speak up in a soft, weak voice, not like the usual over-confident Tensai.

" I... you... my first kiss...why...AARGGHH!!!"

Frustration got to Hanamichi and he suddenly stood up and turned towards the gym wall. Of course, there was a resounding BANG and smoke rising from the wall a few seconds later. Rukawa stared in surprise as Hanamichi crashed his head into the wall and then ran like a bullet train out of the gym, into the rain.

"Do'aho..." The fox's mouth gave a slight twitch before he sighed in resignation, watching his love run away from him.

end of part 2

- fanfictions -