- fanfictions -

Title : Untitled
Author : Chibi Angel
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu
Parts : 3

Rukawa was stunned. A flash of emotion passed through his eyes but was immediately hidden by his usual cold mask. But inside, his mind was in a mess. And then, one giant thought slapped him in the face. Why the heck did the do'aho do this to himself!!??? The thought swirled around in his mind as he quietly proceeded to help the redhead mop the floor, all the while sneaking wistful(?) glances at the other's head. The crown of fire was no longer there. He could only touch those soft silk in his fantasies now.

He had been worried for Hanamichi ever since he ran away in the rain last night. He had really regretted what he did to Hanamichi last night. Had he not always controlled himself? Maybe it was because of the do'aho's voice- not insulting, not loud, but gentle and...grateful? He had succumbed to temptation and is this the way Heaven is supposed to punish him? He came early to the gym to clear whatever evidence was left of their fight last night and also to clear his thoughts. Hanamichi was nowhere to be seen that morning, or so he heard from the students from his class. It really disturbed him a lot. Although he had his eyes closed all throughout school, he was not sleeping. He was too absorbed in his thoughts to sleep. And when he came in, he had the shock of his life. The do'aho was already in the gym, mopping the floor.

The two year-ones silently mopped the floor without acknowleding each other's presence. But they were both aware of each other and stole quick glances, wishing to see some reaction over the previous night's incidents. It was only when Mitsui and Miyagi entered the gym that the silence was broken. They burst out laughing, rolling on the floor, totally amused by Hanamichi's new hairstyle. Hanamichi, irritated, recovered his usual self and prepared to beat them good, only to be stopped by Haruko when she saw him. Rukawa growled, annoyed, as Haruko reached out to pat Hanamichi's almost bald head and comment that it was cute, making Hanamichi blush and deliver his Tensai speech. He secretly agreed with Haruko. Hanamichi WAS cute to start with, but he looked even more innocent than ever with his head bald. He walked across the gym to return the mop in place. Giving his do'aho one last look, he sighed and shrugged his shoulders. 'Look like he's alright with last night?' Rukawa thought hopefully.

All throughout practice, Hanamichi was so totally concentrated on training that he did not even bother to pick a fight with Rukawa when Haruko was swooning over him. But to Rukawa, it seemed like he was concentrating more on Mitsui. A pang of jealousy hit him. He wanted things to turn back to normal, to when Hanamichi would react to his taunts and pick fights with him. Now, Hanamichi looked like he was avoiding him. I'll try to get him to talk him somehow, Rukawa vowed to himself. At the end of the practice, Rukawa only managed to quarrel a little when Hanamichi and him hung onto the hoop.

Rukawa was asleep in the locker room when a startling BAM woke him up. He woke up and swung his fist at...air? He looked around and saw Hanamichi taking a towel from his locker. He did not want to lose this chance to get the truth out of Hanamichi. He could not take the suspense anymore. Without thinking, Rukawa slammed Hanamichi hard against the locker with one hand. Hanamichi gave a squeak of surprise, and tried to push Rukawa away, but Rukawa simply placed his other hand on the other side of Hanamichi's head and leaned foward a little. Their faces were really close together and Hanamichi squirmed when he felt Rukawa's breath on his.

" You left without answering, do'aho..."

"er....answer what?" Hanamichi could hardly find his normal voice.

" You know what..." Rukawa's gaze roamed over Hanamichi's face, stopping at his lips. They were red, and slightly apart, his breaths coming quick and short. Rukawa found that his breathing became heavy as well. He lowered his head to capture those red lips, swallowing Hanamichi's gasp. The kiss deepened as Rukawa explored Hanamichi's sweet cavern. When the kiss was broken, both were panting heavily, out of breath. Rukawa spoke first.

"I love you, do'aho. I'm not joking. Please, answer me." Rukawa closed his eyes, waiting for a reply.

Hanamichi just stared blankly at Rukawa. Up close, he looked...beautiful. No other words could describe him. Now he knew why girls were so crazy about the kitsune eyed boy. But he did not know his feelings. He blushed when Haruko was around, but it seemed like he treated her more like a ...good friend now. As for Rukawa, he did not hate him that much anymore. Even though he wanted to deny it, somehow, he had admired the boy for his skill ever since the short match the seniors had with the first years. That was why he had always competed with him. But...did he love Rukawa. He knew that he did not hate him, but... could he love his nemesis, a guy? He recalled the kiss. Unconsciously, he had responded, because he was not as shocked as the previous night. Did that show that he liked Rukawa?

"I don't hate you...I...I...think I want to try."

Rukawa blinked at Hanamichi's answer. Ecstacy and joy flowed through him.Was that a yes? There was only one way to find out. He put his arms around Hanamichi and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Aishiteru."

Hanamichi just hugged back.

OWARI~

- fanfictions -