- fanfictions -

Title : Choco-mint
Author : Chibi Angel
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu
Parts : 2

Five Days countdown...

First Day.

Rukawa was browsing through cookbooks in the bookshop. 'Chocolate....chocolate...' Usually, he would not have stepped into a bookshop, but now, he was standing here, browsing through COOKBOOKS for heaven's sake! He sighed. 'The things I do for love... ...' But at the thought of Hanamichi's shining brown eyes looking at him when he received the mint chocolates made him feel euphoric. And so, the search went on...

'Aha!' Rukawa finally found the book he thought he wanted.

" Seven easy steps to making mint chocolates for your Valentine"

He bought the book immediately, and went straight back home to read the book. However, after flipping through the first 3 pages, he found himself dozing off.

'Oh hell. There are still four more days to Valentin's Day. I'll do it tommorow."

And Rukawa drifted of to a land where he was kicking Sendoh away and dragging Hanamichi to do things that are better not said here.

Day Two.

Rukawa bought all the groceries neccessary for making the chocolate. He set them down and flipped through the book until he reached the so-called seven easy steps to make the chocolate. He read through the short instructions carefully.

" First step: Melt chocolate in a pan until liquified

Second step: Do the same with the peppermints. Melt and stir, with a slow fire on.

Third step: Fill one-third of the heart-shaped trays with chocolate.

Fourth step: Fill a thin layer of peppermint mix.

Fifth step:..."

Rukawa was drooling over the book, his head on the kitchen counter, and his body leaning against the counter.

Day Three

Rukawa finally got to starting to do the practical. He rolled up his sleeves and looked at the bowl with rich liquid chocolate. Somehow, they reminded him of Hanamichi's honey orbs. Trying not to get distracted, he turned back to stirring the chocolate while looking at the recipe. He was supposed to mix the chocolate until the mixture was fine. What the hell did it mean by fine? Crap. Just have to do it until I think it's enough. And then, he went back to the monotonous stirring. Suddenly, his cat, Do'aho, leaped onto the kitchen counter upon smelling something sweet. Rukawa was too busy dozing off, and this caught him by surprise. There was a loud crash and an empty bowl spinned on the floor for a while, dark chocolate liquid spilled onto the blue marble tiles and formed a small pool. Do'aho leaped down and licked at the chocolate. Rukawa blinked a few times, before kneeling to the floor to clean the mess with a moist rag. He stroked Do'aho softly, thinking,

"Hope that the do'aho will like the chocolate just like you *sigh* "

Day Four

The final day. It was night time, and the light of the Rukawa kitchen was still on. Rukawa pushed the final product of his masterpiece into the freezer. He was supposed to freeze teh chocolate for 4 hours. But. Oh well, a few hours more wouldn't hurt, would it?

Day Five: THE BIG DAY

Early in the morning. It was rare that he would wake up this early, but he hoped that all his efforts would not be wasted. He quickly pulled on his uniform and ate his breakfast. After that, he got a nicely prepared box out and set it on the kitchen counter. Then, he pulled open the the door to the freezer compartment. The cold mist cleared, revealing all the hard work he had managed to put in the previous night after basketball practice in order to complete his present. He took the two brown hearts out an tried one of them. The other, of course, was for his Hana-chan. He bit into the chocolate. Ouch. He winced and brought the chocolate away from his mouth. There was a bite mark there, but the chocolate was as intact as ever. He stared at the chocolate. WHAT!? If he were going to give Hanamichi a piece of extra hard chocolate, the ahou would think that he was trying to play a trick on him...now what would he do?

He paced his way to and across After moments of thinking, he gave up and just wrapped the chocolate up as planned. Hopefully, and he WOULD be praying to whoever throughout the day, the chocolate would just melt. He tied up a small ribbon to confine the box and went his usual way, cycling to school.

===============================

The bell had rung. Many students were walking away from the school grounds in pairs, or in groups. Blushing couples, loud, chattering cliques of friends going out together. Noone bothered to notice a rather prominent figure wearing another school's uniform, entering into the school like noone else's business. He had a sweet little package in his hand.

Hanamichi was yawning away, while walking down the corridor between the classrooms. Envious of those loving couples who were exchanging gifts all day in class, Hanamichi gave a sigh. Even Youhei was gone, after some cute girl came by yammering about how she had always like him. He reached his locker and slammed it open. This day sucked. Big-time. He tried to look for Haruko during break-time, but her classmates told him that she had dashed out of the classroom once the bell had rung. He wanted to give her something for Valentine's Day. Not as a guy who had a crush on her but someone who treated her as a best friend.

'Hmph. What kind of best friend are you if you like the same guy as her!? Maybe I should consider Sendoh...but it won't be fair to him...' Slamming the locker door shut with much force, he turned towards the stairs. And to his utmost horror, he came face to face with the scene he dreaded the most. Haruko and Rukawa were staning together, talking. Actually, it was more like Haruko stammering and Rukawa staring down at her. Haruko held something in her hands, shaking in fear.

/ No. / Hanamichi could not believe that his worst nightmare had come true. he stood rooted to the spot, about 2 metres away.

===============================

Rukawa was trying to look for Hanamichi when the annoying girl with the squeaky voice stepped in his way. The chocolate could not melt, it seemed, and he was already prepareed to be humiliated and cursed at by the fool for trying to pull a fast one over him. He was staring around the area while Haruko was trying to gather some courage. He spotted Hanamichi's legs and shoes below a nearby locker door. (Don't ask me about the thing abt shoes. He's the obsessed one not me, even if i CAN identify pple by shoes ^^;;;) Delighted that he had found the redhead at last, he impatiently waited for Haruko to finish her stammering. It was clear what she wanted to say, and he thought that it was a good thing to settle this once and for all. What he did not expect was for Haruko to thrust a small package into his hands, blushing fuiously.

"Rukawa-kun!! Please accept this!"

He fumbled the package for a split second and looked up and saw Hanamichi staring at the scene with mixed emotions. But the message " Hurt her and I will kill you" was evident in those beautiful, honey eyes. Rukawa thought for a moment before approaching Hanamichi quickly, while Haruko stood dazed and confused at the side. He felt the little parcel in his pocket jiggle a bit and his resolve hardened. It was now or never. He opened Haruko's package, took a bit of one of the chocolate. Haruko's eyes sparked up for a moment, but widened in horror when Rukawa did something totally unexpected.

===============================

Sendoh stepped up the stairs quickly, hoping to catch Hanamichi in his classroom. Upon arriving on the floor, he stared in amazement as he saw Rukawa pull Hanamichi in for a deep kiss.

===============================

Rukawa chewed on the piece of sweet in his mouth, and reached a long arm to grab Hanamichi and pulled him towards himself, his other arm circling Hanamichi's waist and pulling him even closer as he pushed his mouth firmly against the redhead's own. Upon feeling the soft lips, and sensing that Hanamichi was not going to struggle, Rukawa slid his tongue along Hanamichi's lips, prodding them to part. The redhead tasted Rukawa's own taste, as well as the refreshing and sweet taste of chocolate and mint meshed together. He gave a sigh, and parted his lips, unable to think rationally. Rukawa pushed his tongue in, and while tasting Hanamichi's mouth, he pushed the chocolate in, literally feeding the chocolate to Hanamichi. Instinctively, he moved his tongue about to taste and swallowed the melting chocolate and mint in his mouth. Rukawa felt the movements and returned them with fervor, deepening the kiss. Finally out of breath, Rukawa released Hanamichi's mouth, but tightened his grip and hugged the redhead tightly. He reached to Hanamichi's ear and nibbled softly before whispering into his ear,

"Do'ahou. I love you." He then loosened his grip around Hanamichi's shoulder and reached for the parcel in his pocket. He placed it in Hanamichi's hands.

"Here. Happy Valentine's Day." Hanamichi could not beliebe his eyes or ears. The Kitsune loved him!? And judging from the parcel that was in his hand, the kitsune had made whatever it was inside himself. He was so touched, there were tears forming in his chocolate eyes, and he did not even notice that Haruko had run away crying, and Rukawa was suddenly bumped off by a huge massive blur. Well, not until he felt a pair of arms windng around him and hugging him so tightly that it could be described as a -glomp-. He struggled when a spiky head was on his shoulder and started nuzzling his neck. Suddenly Sendoh looked up, serious.

"Hana-chan! You won't give me a chance?"

Hanamichi felt sorry for Sendoh, but his heart had already belonged to Rukawa long ago. He nodded slowly and hugged Sendoh back. Then, he heard a slight sound of something cracking. He looked over Sendoh's shoulder and saw that Rukawa had kicked Sendoh in the back, and it seemed that the Ryonan captain had acquired some back injuries as well. Rukawa glared and shoved Sendoh away. He looked at Hanamichi, who was staring back blankly. Looping an arm over Hanamichi's shoulders, Rukawa dragged Hanamichi towards one of the nearby classrooms. Hanamichi blinked and blinked again. Then the reason why Rukawa was dragging him towards a classroom dawned upon him.

Apparently, Hanamichi was last seen sporting a very red face, and a ver massive sweatdrop was making its way down his head, while Rukawa had a very uncharacteristic gleam in his eyes.

~OWARI~

- fanfictions -