- fanfictions -

Title: The Tensai's Devil
Author: Crystal Arie
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Hanamichi Sakuragi and Kaede Rukawa
Disclaimer: Slam Dunk doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Takehiko Inoue.

Part 3

Hanamichi looked up at Rukawa's face as he finished buttoning his shirt. "You're not going to do anything to her?"

"For today, no" Rukawa replied, watching the way Hanamichi's fingers trembled as he struggled to button his school shirt in haste. He grinned, knowing that he was the reason why Hanamichi was so jittery. "I have to gather information on this 'Haruko Akagi' first, then I will know what method to use on her. I, unlike the rest of those lower class demons, do things with style."

Hanamichi chuckled, somewhat becoming at ease with Rukawa for the time being. "So, you don't just snap your fingers and *poof!*, the girl of your dreams fall's in love with you?"

Rukawa shook his head. "No, that would be too simple. Your top button is wrong." He pointed out calmly.

Hanamichi looked down and saw the mistake he made. He fixed it carefully and looked at himself in the bathroom mirror, turning his body to every position possible. Then, he ran his hand through his hair and gave a thumbs-up at himself. "Okay! Hanamichi Sakuragi is ready!"

"Matte." Rukawa said softly, moving away from the window towards Hanamichi. When Hanamichi backed away from Rukawa, Rukawa sighed and muttered, "I'm just going to fix your hair." Then, with an elegant move, he place himself close to Hanamichi and wove his fingers through that red hair that captivated him so much. He brushed it back twice, and moved some strands to the side. When he looked his work over, he nodded. "There, all better."

Hanamichi was blushing deep red, very conscious that Rukawa's neck was right in front of his eyes. When Rukawa backed away, he swallowed and got out, "Uh...arigatou..."

Rukawa drew his hands down from Hanamichi's hair and held the redhead's face carefully. When Hanamichi jumped at that action, Rukawa merely smiled and whispered, "You won't be able to see me today in school, but I assure you, I will be watching over you."

Hanamichi's eyes widened at that as he gasped out, trying his best not to pay attention to the way Rukawa was brushing the sides of his cheek, in a loving gesture, with his thumb. "You know, you keep on saying that you're going to watch over me. Haven't you realized that you're a...devil?"

Rukawa smiled at that and drew his face closer to Hanamichi's, causing Hanamichi to blush beet red. When his nose touched the tip of Hanamichi's, he murmured, "I have a duty to make your wish come true. That is that. And for the record, I won't just be watching over you the whole day. I'll be gathering information about your darling Haruko."

"I-I see." Hanamichi mumbled, his attention squarely on Rukawa's blue eyes. He stared at them. How can a devil have such beautiful eyes?

Rukawa grinned. It's a genetic thing, Hana. I thought that you were the tensai?

Hanamichi blushed and glared back at Rukawa. You know, it's not nice to pry into people's heads.

Hey, I AM a devil, as you said so yourself. I don't consider myself nice.

Hanamichi grunted. Right. You consider yourself the most powerful and beautiful, the mightiest and the smart. Hell, you even consider yourself as the tempter of temptations. Isn't that right?

When Hanamichi thought of the second to the last thought, Rukawa's eyes gleamed diabolically, and he leaned forward, his hands still cupping Hanamichi's face. Well, hearing that from your own perspective, how about I tempt you into something right now?

"Eh?" Hanamichi said out loud, not quite understanding what Rukawa meant. When he saw Rukawa close his eyes and lean forward, he got the message and instantly jumped away, running towards the door at the same time. He got the door open, grabbed his bag from the floor, and shouted, "I'M OFF!" Then, he slammed the door shut, ran down the stairs, and was out of the house before anyone could say 'ja'. He ran all the way up the hill and towards the school, unaware that a pair of blue eyes were trained on him from his own room.

Rukawa grinned, and he couldn't stop an amused string of chuckles from slipping past his lips. "Do'aho..." Then, his face had a tender look on it as he leaned back, still being able to see the face of Hanamichi even from a great distance. He saw the blush still present on the redhead's face, and he whispered silently to himself, "My do'aho..."

* * * * * *

Hanamichi tapped his finger anxiously against his school, eyes never wavering from the back of his classmate's head. He sighed. I still can't believe I have called Satan's son for help. Lucky me. He sighed again and closed his eyes, trying to push the image of Rukawa looking so tempting and devious out of his mind. He shook his head, but the image of that stupid kitsune kissing him still remained. He dropped his head down to the desk. Dumb kitsune...

Yohei had been watching his best friend ever since he entered, and found that the usually sleeping Hanamichi was replaced by a very anxious and wary Hanamichi. He didn't know what Hanamichi was so uptight about, but whatever it was, he was definitely going to find out.

The bell rang then, signaling the end of the morning classes and time for lunch break. Everyone stretched their stiff bodies and started piling out, making their way to the cafeteria.

Hanamichi stayed on his seat, not moving, not saying anything. He was just looking out of the window as if he has never seen the sky before.

Yohei stood up from his place and stood in front of Hanamichi's face. When Hanamichi still made no move, Yohei sighed and knelt down in front of his friend. "Hanamichi?...Hanamichi!"

"Huh? Oh? What?" Hanamichi finally broke out of his trance and looked straight at his best friends glance. He smiled good naturedly, trying to cover up his being inattentive. "Hey there, Yohei. What's up? Shouldn't you be downstairs eating lunch? If you're wondering why I'm not, I just have no appetite."

"No, Hanamichi, that's not why I'm still here." Yohei answered seriously.

"Oh..." Hanamichi took in Yohei's serious look and leaned back. "What's on your mind then?"

Yohei took a deep breath as he seated himself on the seat in front of Hanamichi. "You've been acting weird since you came back from wherever you went yesterday afternoon. What happened?"

Hanamichi's face drew in guiltily, but he shook his head, and gave Yohei an innocent look. "Nothing, Yohei. I told you that already."

"Oh really?" Yohei pushed in deeper, noticing the way Hanamichi was getting uncomfortable with the conversation.

Hanamichi was not used to Yohei being so demanding, so he didn't know how to weave his way out. He knew he could trust Yohei, and that Yohei was his best friend, but...who would believe this story? Finally, after a few minutes, he sighed as he murmured, "You'd never believe me anyway."

"Try me."

Hanamichi sighed again, looked at his best friend's concentrated face, and blurted out, "I called the son of Satan from the Underworld to help me."

Yohei didn't say anything for a while. His face was blank as he stared back at Hanamichi, trying to digest what his best friend just said. When he finally got it set in his mind, he leaned in and repeated, "Son of Satan?"

Hanamichi nodded and started to explain. "Yes. You see, yesterday, one of our classmates was bragging about how he got the girl of his dreams to say that she liked him. Well, you know that I like Haruko, so I thought that I'd try whatever he did. He said that he got a book from 'Rewebs' called 'The Underworld's Secrets', and if you read an incantation from it, the girl will like you. But when I did the exact same thing, Kaede Rukawa, the son of Satan, comes out and tells me that he will be the one to help me. And so far, that's what has been bothering me."

Yohei looked as if he was in deep thought, sorting out whatever Hanamichi said into each part of his brain. Hanamichi was worried. Does he believe me?

Finally, Yohei sighed and looked up to face Hanamichi. "So, that's it?"

"Eh?"

"This Rukawa guy, and the whole help thing, that's what has been bugging you?" Yohei asked.

Hanamichi tipped his head back for a while, then nodded. "Yeah, I think so."

Yohei shrugged at that reply then stood up. "Well then, I think you don't have to worry that much, Hanamichi. I mean, he didn't kill you."

Hanamichi's eyes widened in happiness, almost like a child's eyes when his parents believed he didn't tell a lie. "So, so...you believe me?"

Yohei snorted. "Doshite Hanamichi?"

Hanamichi jumped up from his chair and hugged Yohei tight, his laughter bouncing around the empty room. "I'm so HAPPY! I thought that I couldn't trust anyone to believe this story, but YOU do! I can't believe it! You believe me! Oh, thank GOD!"

Yohei patted him on the back. "How can I not believe you Hanamichi?"

"Huh?" Hanamichi was too happy to notice the way his friend stiffened under his touch. "What do you mean by that?"

"Hanamichi, does this Rukawa person have long black hair, blue eyes, black outfit, and black wings?"

Hanamichi was impressed. He drew back to look at Yohei's face in awe. "WOAH! You're one smart guy! Wow! How'd you know that's what he looked like?"

"Coz he's right behind you."

Hanamichi stiffened at that and he slowly pulled away from Yohei, at the same time, whispering, "What...did...you...say?"

Yohei pointed to something at Hanamichi's back. "I said, he's right behind you. Rukawa, that is."

Hanamichi immediately spun around, and his chocolate brown eyes once again clashed with ice, blue one's. He felt faint. Kaede Rukawa was floating on mid-air, his wings spread out, his hair moving with an unseen and unfelt force, and his entire body was glowing with his dark aura. Hanamichi gaped. "You-what-I...How-?"

Rukawa shrugged and moved down until his feet touched the floor. "I told you I would be here."

"I-I-I know that!" Hanamichi managed to get back his bearings and strode forward, hooking his hands under the collar of Rukawa's coat. "What the hell do you think you're doing?! Anyone can see you! Hell! Yohei can see you!"

Rukawa eyed Yohei dangerously. "Mito...Yohei...right?"

Yohei backed away, a little unsure of being in the presence of Satan's son. "Ha-Hai?"

Rukawa took in Yohei's form, sizing him up, and when he saw that the boy was no threat, he grinned. "Good thing you don't like Hana here. I'm a very possessive lover, you see. I don't share my sex toys with anyone."

Hanamichi's mouth dropped open.

Yohei looked deadly pale.

"IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!" Hanamichi yelled at the top of his lungs, sure that the entire school heard that. He turned to Rukawa and shouted, "What the hell are you talking about?! I can't believe you! You really are a devil! I hate-"

"Yohei-kun, would you mind leaving me and my lover alone for a moment?" Rukawa asked politely, a diabolical grin on his face as he grabbed Hanamichi and hugged the redhead to him in an intimate gesture. Well, almost intimate, since Hanamichi was sputtering like mad at the action.

Yohei looked at Hanamichi's red face, uncertain if he should leave his friend alone with the so-called son of Satan. When he was about to answer, he felt rather than heard, a voice inside his head. Leave us alone...go downstairs and eat your lunch...

"Hai." He mumbled out loud. Then, he walked away, making Hanamichi stop hissing and throwing curses to watch his best friend walk out.

"Yohei? Yohei!" When Yohei was finally gone from hi site, leaving him and Rukawa alone, he burst free from Rukawa's hold and glared. "Why'd you do that? Did you put him under some trance? What the hell was that act?! I AM NOT YOUR LOV-"

"Shut up." Rukawa muttered, eyes deadly pale when he said that.

Hanamichi stopped talking and stood back.

Rukawa came closer, forcing Hanamichi to back up towards the wall. When Hanamichi's back made contact with the cool cement, Rukawa place one arm at the side of Hanamichi's face, covering him from the view of people. Hanamichi looked straight at Rukawa, furious as hell fro what had just happened, but also scared to do anything. Instead, he settled for staring in silence.

Rukawa bent his head down until his lips met Hanamichi's. When Hanamichi cried out and tried to break away, noticing how his knees were starting to weaken, and how his heart was beating rapidly. He grasped Rukawa's arm and squeezed hard, trying to break their kiss, but Rukawa saw that action coming and trapped the arm, forcing Hanamichi to open his mouth. He slipped his tongue in he hot cavern, making Hanamichi buck in surprise, but the shock quickly turned into a moan. Hanamichi stayed still as Rukawa continued to kiss him in the most wicked and devious ways.

Finally, Rukawa drew away, their noses still touching. Hanamichi tried to regulate his breathing as Rukawa bent down and gave a chaste kiss on the now swollen lips. Hanamichi didn't turn away. Rukawa grinned and murmured, "I want you."

Hanamichi closed his eyes shut, but when Rukawa kissed him, tracing his lips with his hot tongue, Hanamichi opened his eyes to stare back at Rukawa's. They released each other's lips, and Hanamichi slowly slumped back, his mind in a whirl, and his senses all scrambled up.

Rukawa pressed his body closer to the redhead's, feeling every contour, every line, and every muscle. He grounded their erections together, and whispered sexily in Hanamichi's ear, "Do you want me?"

Pushing away all the doubts and all his fears, Hanamichi nodded in reply, and grabbed Rukawa's head, making their lips fuse against each other again. Hanamichi ran his hands roughly against Rukawa's back, his hunger and need rising. When he pushed his own tongue in Rukawa's mouth and hummed in pleasure, Rukawa smirked and leaned in to the kiss, thoroughly enjoying himself.

"Hanamichi-kun, are you he-OH!"

Hanamichi broke off his passionate kiss when he heard that voice, and his eyes trained themselves on the small figure by the door. He gasped.

"Haruko-chan?!"

TBC

- fanfictions -