- fanfictions -

Title: The Tensai's Devil
Author: Crystal Arie
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Hanamichi Sakuragi and Kaede Rukawa
Disclaimer: Slam Dunk doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Takehiko Inoue.

Part 7

"KITSUNE! Would you get out of my room?!" Hanamichi shouted wildly as he struggled to refrain himself from tackling the grinning demon. He felt his head boiling. Right after the test that afternoon, he thought that Rukawa would lay off and leave him alone. Wrong. Rukawa decided to play the part of the devil himself, and sure enough, Hanamichi got into all sorts of trouble.

Hanamichi groaned inwardly. If this was going to go on for 2 weeks, he was going to DIE earlier than that. People are starting to dub him as the psycho who shouts at nothing. Ch! What a reputation.

Hanamichi wanted to change into his sleeping attire badly. He had arrived home with Rukawa tailing him, he had hardly eaten his dinner due to Rukawa telling him all sorts of gross things about that fish or that meat, and finally, he couldn't even go to the bathroom in PRIVATE! He was about to snap!

Rukawa crossed his over his chest and grinned at Hanamichi's strained face, obviously enjoying himself. "You know, it's really fun to torture you."

"THAT'S IT! GET OUT!"

"And you know, the way you react to them is really amusing."

"OUT!"

"And what will you reaction be if I told you that I intend on watching you go naked?"

"HENTAI! URUSAI! GET OUT! BAKA KITSUNE! ARGH! OUT!"

Rukawa laughed out loud at that reply and sat down on he bed of Hanamichi, since he couldn't seem to support himself anymore. He rolled around the bed, a few tears escaping his eyes as he continued to laugh. He clutched his stomach tight, fearing that it might rip open. But nonetheless, he continued to laugh.

Hanamichi rubbed his head, trying to maintain his cool. "Come on, Rukawa...I wanna change!"

Rukawa rolled over and sat up, wiping his tears away as he chuckled. "Wakatta, wakatta." He grinned evilly and stood up, fixing Hanamichi a sultry look. "So, change. I'll help you."

"Eh?" Hanamichi asked, but before anything else, Rukawa tackled him to the ground and started tearing off his shirt. "WAAHH!!!! HENTAI!!!"

Rukawa licked his lips when he saw the chest of Hanamichi being exposed to his view, and straddled Hanamichi's hips comfortably, eliciting a strangled cry from the trapped redhead. "Lucky me, I finally get to have you."

"WAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! HANASE!!!!!!!!" Hanamichi started wiggling around, trying to get away from the hentai above him. It was no use. Hanamichi may have been the strongest MORTAL, but Rukawa was the strongest IMMORTAL. Hanamichi raised his arms to deliver punches towards that perfect face, but Rukawa saw that coming and grabbed them with one hand, raising them above Hanamichi's head at the same time. Hanamichi shouted even more. "ARGH! TASUKETE!!!!!"

Rukawa grinned, a diabolical glint in his eye. "Now, now, Hana, we don't want to attract attention, do we?"

"OH YES WE DO!!!! TASUKETE!!!"

"Come on, let's have a little fun. I'm sure you'd like that." Rukawa purred into Hanamichi's ear.

Hanamichi was desperate now. He started kicking, though, since Rukawa was straddling him around the waist, it was useless, plus, since his hands were still trapped, all e could do was shout even more. "IIYADA!!!!! AHHH!!!! HANASE!!!! TASUKE-umphf!"

Hanamichi's lips were covered by Rukawa's in a second. Rukawa sighed, finally being able to regulate his eardrums from all the screaming and shouting of Hanamichi. This was a definitely good way to shut the aho up.

Hanamichi tried to shift his head away, but Rukawa's head just followed him. Their lips never left each other's, and as much as Hanamichi tried to push it away, the feeling of warmth and fuzziness started to spread itself up from his stomach to his brain. He hesitantly kissed Rukawa back. Kitsune...

Abruptly, Rukawa stopped their kiss and leaned back to observe the state his beloved redhead was in. Hanamichi's face was red, and his chest was rising and falling slowly. His eyes were soft and innocent looking, and his lips were red and slightly parted...a perfect picture.

Rukawa stood up and fixed his hair. "I have to go now and ask Death. I won't be gone long, so, don't miss me that much." And with that, he turned around, spread his wings, and disappeared.

Hanamichi stared at the spot where Rukawa was, then, he stared up at the ceiling and murmured, "This is so weird..."

"Well, not entirely weird, Hanamichi." Mitsui's face appeared above Hanamichi's.

Hanamichi cried out and sat up, instantly bumping Mitsui's forehead with his. Hanamichi rubbed his forehead, while Mitsui lay on the ground with a smoking lump on his forehead. Hanamichi shook his head and demanded, "What the HELL are you doing HERE?!"

Mitsui groaned as he rubbed his forehead, a pained expression on his face. "Iteee...that hurt."

"KORA! ANSWER ME!"

"Yeah, yeah, wait a minute!" Mitsui rubbed his head and got out, "I live here."

"NANI?!" Hanamichi jumped up to his feet and stared at Mitsui incredulously. "Why-how-eh...?!"

"Geez, one by one, okay?" Mitsui sighed and stood up too, rubbing his forehead with care. "Okay, first question. Why? Because you are the only one who knows about us at the moment, and I thought that living with you would be easier to handle. How? Well, I just ran the doorbell, told your maid, and since you only have one maid in the house, what with your mother being in America, that I am your classmate and would be sleeping over for a few weeks, she nodded and let me in. Besides, you have 7 rooms in this house, so there's no problem."

Hanamichi stared at Mitsui in disbelief, then slumped his head down. "I don't believe this..."

Mitsui chuckled evilly. "Hehe...don't worry! It'll only be for 2 weeks! And besides, I'll make sure that I won't disturb you and your lover in the middle of the night-"

"HE IS NOT MY LOVER!!!!!"

Mitsui waved his hand back and forth. "Hai, hai, whatever you say." Then, Mitsui turned around and said, "Hey, where the bathroom? Where's my room? Can I borrow your clothes for the mean time? Oh, and can I eat something from the kitchen? I'm really hungry. Oh, and Kogure-kun is sooo hot! Hey! I made it in the basketball team! We'll be teammates from now on. But I'm your sempai, so you have to follow me. Oh, right! Where's the phone? I have to-"

Hanamichi had had enough. One demon ruining and staying in his house was enough, but now 2? He snapped. "ARRGGHHHH!!!!! URUSAI!!!!!!"

* * * * * *

Rukawa warped himself into the Underworld, and stepped out of the black hole he created for himself. Just as he walked towards the room of Death in the palace, someone whispered insistently, "Kaede-sama!"

Rukawa turned to find the source of that voice, and his eyes landed on the huddled figure of Koshino. Rukawa raised his eyes. Koshino's eyes were brown, not green. It meant that something bad has happened, and this Koshino was worried. "What is it, Koshino?"

Koshino swallowed nervously as he knelt down in front of the prince and said, "You cannot approach Death, young master. Your father has beaten you to it."

Rukawa's eyes widened. "He knows about what I intend to do?"

"Hai." Came the soft reply.

Rukawa clenched his hand. "Who told him? Who told him of my plan? Mitsui?" When that name came out of his mouth, Rukawa was determined to KILL his cousin when he got back.

Koshino bowed his head and whispered, "No, young master. It wasn't Mitsui." Then, he lifted his head a notch higher and confessed. "It was me."

Rukawa entire body stiffened at that as he gasped out, "What?"

Koshino bent his head low, unable to stop a few drops of tears from falling to the ground. "I'm sorry. My other self was forced to arise by Satan-sama when he felt that you were up to something. With that, I followed you in secret and reported EVERYTHING to Satan-sama."

Rukawa snapped out of his state and stepped forward. "How? I didn't sense your presence."

"Satan-sama place a heavy cloak spell on me."

Rukawa cursed and turned around. "Damn it...damn it all."

"It isn't exactly HIS fault, Kaede."

Rukawa and Koshino both turned at the same time when they heard that voice, and they both watched with caution as Akira Sendoh stepped into view, his face not as cheerful as usual, but it still had a soft smile. He stepped up to Koshino and touched his shoulder in a comforting gesture. "Don't worry, love, it's not your fault." When Koshino blinked at that endearment and looked up with curious eyes at Sendoh, Sendoh merely smiled then diverted his attention to Rukawa, not releasing his hold on Koshino's shoulder. "It seems like your father has moved up the date of death for Hanamichi to a WEEK."

Rukawa faltered. "A week..."

Sendoh nodded. "That's right. I suggest you return to Earth now and start searching for an angel. Remember, that's what Mitsui's there for in the first place."

Rukawa looked up into Sendoh's serious face and nodded. Then, before he disappeared from their sight, he turned to Koshino and said, "It's not your fault." Then, in a blink, he was gone, leaving Koshino and Sendoh staring at the now empty space.

Koshino stood up from the ground and gave Sendoh a confused look. "Why?"

"Hmmm?" Sendoh smiled back.

"Why did you save me form his wrath? I deserved it." Koshino murmured brokenly.

Sendoh reached out and cupped Koshino's face in his hands. He drew closer to each other until finally they were nose to nose. Sendoh smiled a the way Koshino flushed at his action, but he said, "To know that there is a fallen angel in front of me is something I can't resist to help out, especially when he is in need."

Koshino blushed, then turned away. "I am not a fallen angel."

Sendoh smiled and turned Koshino's head to face his. He whispered gently, "But you are to me..." And with that, he kissed a very surprised Koshino on the lips.

* * * * * *

Hanamichi was NOT happy. He spent the whole night yesterday showing Mitsui around the house and all the other things he wanted-after he beat him up, that is-then, he finally went to bed. The problem was when he was about to sleep, he remembered that Rukawa was supposedly WATCHING OVER him, so, he looked around, wondering where the kitsune was. He occasionaly called out for the raven haired boy, but he didn't reply. Hanamichi didn't fall asleep until 3 am because of his being too anxious that the kitsune would just pop out of nowhere.

When he woke up for school, he searched his room again for Rukawa. He was kind of like the characters in Mission Impossible, looking left and right quickly, sneaking around the house, all that stuff. He found out that Mitsui had already left for school, and that he didn't even bother to wait for Hanamichi.

It was a really strange day. Hanamichi didn't see Rukawa anywhere. He wasn't in the bathroom, the dining room, the kitchen, or in the other rooms. He was simply...gone.

As Hanamichi walked to school, he felt somewhat lonely. Sure, he got pissed off at Rukawa every now and then because of the way he teased him or got him into trouble, but...Hanamichi missed Rukawa's presence.

When he entered the classroom, he had been surprised when Haruko suddenly came to him and started talking to him in a friendly tone, obviously trying to become friends with each other. Hanamichi, for once, answered her with straight sentences and without flustering. When she finally left, it was only then that Hanamichi noticed that Haruko had been FLIRTING with him. And for once...Hanamichi was not giddy.

As he sat down in his seat and stared outside the window, his mind was puzzled by this fact. My wish was for Haruko to notice me. Well, she did notice me, and she even flirted with me, and yet...I don't feel anything. He sighed and rested his head on the desk. He thought that was his wish, to become Haruko's boyfriend, but...

"Okay class, settle down. We have a new student today."

Hanamichi diverted his attention to the teacher and sighed. Three days have passed since Rukawa has entered his life and tried to seduce Hanamichi, and in those three days, Hanamichi has always avoided those ministrations. And now, Haruko likes him. Shouldn't he be happy about it?

"Please, come in and introduce yourself." The teacher said comfortingly at the new student who was outside the door. Everyone watched as a boy with short, black hair, and a tall build enter the classroom. Most of the girls were already getting interested and blushing because of the new student, and most of the boys were either amazed or envious of the new guy.

Hanamichi just gaped.

He knew that person. He knew that tall build and that raven hair, even though it had been cut REALLY short. He knew those ice blue eyes and that grinning mouth. Oh yes, he knew him. He stood up from his seat, surprising many students, as he shouted, "RUKAWA!!"

Rukawa met his gaze and waved, "Yo, Hana."

TBC

- fanfictions -