- fanfictions -

Title: The Tensai's Devil
Author: Crystal Arie
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Hanamichi Sakuragi and Kaede Rukawa
Disclaimer: Slam Dunk doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Takehiko Inoue.

Part 9

Mitsui stopped walking around when he felt a strange aura coming from the area where he had left Rukawa and Hanamichi. He turned sharply and ran back towards that place, surprising a few students on the way. He shook his head when another aura appeared, blending with the first one. His eyes widened when he recognized the second aura. Angel? Masaka!

He jumped off the second flight of stairs and exited the building from the side. He landed on the ground gracefully, shocking again a few people that were present, but he didn't care. An angel! He had finally found an ANGEL! He turned a corner and continued running, faintly noting that the first aura had disappeared. He grimaced slightly. He had now found an angel, the next problem was to ASK for his or her help. A very hard thing to do...

He shrugged and rounded the last corner. He didn't mind. If this was going to save him from Rukawa's wrath, he'd stake his pride on it.

"HANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mitsui stopped short when he heard that scream, and he looked up to find the source. His eyes widened. Sakuragi?! Then, he saw a black figure moving closer to the redhead, and felt his insides drop. "Death!" What was he doing here?! He isn't suppose to get Hanamichi yet!

Hanamichi leaned against the railing, trying his best to avoid contact with Death. Mitsui looked around and saw that there was no one around. Good. He closed his eyes and unleashed his power. Immediately, he felt his hair grow longer, his clothes change, and a pair of black wings emerged from his back. He formed his own scythe in his hand and flew up, hoping to distract Death. He stopped when he finally reached their level, but another thing happened. Death swung his scythe towards Hanamichi's neck. Hanamichi tumbled off the railing and fell towards the ground.

Mitsui cursed and was about to fly down to catch Hanamichi's body, when he felt it again. The presence of the angel. Then, in amazement, he watched as from under Hanamichi, a bright light formed itself and caught Hanamichi before he could hit the ground. Mitsui paused in his flying and just hovered, placing his hand in front of his eyes to block the light. He couldn't see anything.

"Me-Megane-kun?!"

What?! Mitsui's eyes opened instantly when he heard Hanamichi's voice. Megane-kun?...Wasn't that what Hanamichi called...He got his answer when the light faded away slowly, and he felt his mind stop when he saw the face of Kogure smiling gently at Hanamichi. He felt his entire body slacken. You...

Kogure spoke to Hanamichi softly, too softly for Mitsui to hear, and Mitsui watched as Hanamichi fell heavily against the spectacled boy. Kogure looked at the redhead for a while, then, he looked up at Mitsui with calm eyes and said, "It's okay. He just fainted."

Mitsui swallowed and stuttered, "But-how-you...what?...I mean-" Mitsui knew that he looked like a complete fool there, his mouth open and his mind in a whirl, but he couldn't help it. He had actually LIKED an ANGEL!

Kogure narrowed his eyes then looked up. "I think that your friend needs help up there."

"What?" Mitsui gasped out, then, he felt Rukawa's presence becoming darker and darker by the second. He looked up and cursed, seeing that Rukawa was starting to lose control. He glanced at Kogure.

Kogure smiled warmly at him. "Don't worry. I'll bring him to the clinic. You help Rukawa-san for now."

Mitsui watched Kogure for a few seconds, then shook his head. He flew up and felt Rukawa's aura surrounding his body, choking him slightly as it thickened, looking like black smoke from a fire. He looked around and gasped. Rukawa was standing there, looking like he was ready to destroy the entire world, and he had Death pinned to the floor. Even Death couldn't beat the power of Satan and his son.

Rukawa's eyes were emotionless as he stepped closer to Death, his arms crackling with electricity and fire. "Die."

Death moved back. "Now, now, Kaede, there's no need to be angry. He was just a MORTAL."

Rukawa's eyes glowed a deep blue as tears made its way silently down his cheek. He didn't mind them. Instead, he stopped and levitated himself up, his wings spreading themselves to their limits. His long hair moved with the air that he created with his power, and the area around him started breaking apart, not being able to endure the power Rukawa gave out. He lifted himself higher into the air and formed a large back orb in his hands made out of black fire, lightning, and shadows of the dead. His mouth was grim, and his eyes were glowing a pale blue mixed with neon green.

Mitsui shivered. He had always been afraid of Rukawa since they were kids, even though Rukawa was two years younger than him. Up to now, the fear was still present when he watched all of these things take place. He knew. This was just a SMALL part of Rukawa's power. And still, it was more than 10,000 demons capability.

Even Death was unsure of what may take place.

Mitsui decided to end Rukawa's rage for the meantime. It would bring hell up on earth if Rukawa decided to blast Death. He wove his way quickly through the thick air of aura, and when he finally got to Rukawa's side, he shouted, "Kaede! Yamette!"

Rukawa didn't stop. The orb in his hands became bigger as he moved towards Death predatorily, his eyes still glowing.

Mitsui tried to touch Rukawa, but when his fingers grazed the side of Rukawa's arm, a flash of electricity traveled from the raven haired boy to Mitsui. Mitsui cursed, seeing that his finger got burned, then he shouted over all the noise created by Rukawa's power, "KAEDE! Hanamichi's okay!"

Rukawa paused slightly.

Mitsui mentally congratulated himself for finding out the source of Rukawa's fear or anger. He stepped up and said again in a soft voice, "He's okay. Kogure brought him to the clinic."

Slowly, Rukawa's defenses lowered as the orb in his hand became smaller. Finally, the dark aura faded away, together with the orb and the electricity, and Mitsui was staring back at the old Rukawa, long hair, leather jeans, black sleeveless shirt, and black wings. Even the blue eyes were back. Mitsui gave a relieved smile then murmured, "Welcome back."

Rukawa nodded at him, then turned his attention back to Death. Angrily, he demanded, "Why the hell did you attack Hana?"

Death, who was slightly shaken up by the power Rukawa revealed, coughed to regain its composure and said in an airy voice, "That is for me to know and you to find out." And, without wanting to have anything to do with the Dark Prince, he disappeared with the gust of wind that blew, leaving Rukawa and Mitsui glaring at his direction.

Rukawa shook his head to clear it as he groaned in annoyance. "Damn Death..."

Mitsui sighed, then, when he remembered the other news, he shook his head. "Oh yeah, Kaede?"

"Hmmm?"

Mitsui's smile looked so strained when he faced Rukawa. "Ano...I have found an angel."

Rukawa's eyes widened as his mouth broke out into a smile and a laugh. "That-that..." Then, since he couldn't help himself, he jumped in the air, his wings lifting his body off the ground. "THAT'S GREAT!" He shouted happily, laughing in the air.

Mitsui chuckled in response to Rukawa's enthusiasm. "A...Haha...yeah, but...I haven't asked him yet...about the...fighting thing..."

Rukawa was still in happy land. "That's okay! I'll ask him!" Then, he landed beside Mitsui and grinned up at his cousin. "So, what's the name of the guy?"

Mitsui sighed and bent his head.

Rukawa blinked at Mitsui's reaction. He observed his cousin with detached eyes. "Why? What's wrong?"

Mitsui looked up and murmured, "Remember the guy I liked, the one named Kogure?"

"Yeah, the innocent guy in the clinic."

"Yeah, well..." Mitsui's shoulders slumped down in defeat. "HE's the angel."

Rukawa stared at his cousin for a while, his mind still processing what Mitsui had just said. Then, after a moment of closing and opening his mouth over and over again, he coughed and shook his head to clear his throat. "Kogure...the one you..."

"Uhuh..." Mitsui replied sadly.

"The one with the brown hair and eyeglasses...?"

"Uhuh..." Mitsui replied just as sadly.

"He's an...angel?"

Mitsui sniffed. "Uhuh..."

Rukawa paused for a while, his eyes trained on the clouds that passed by. Then, he gave a small laugh then said, "I thought that falling for a MORTAL was bad enough, but falling for an ANGEL-"

Mitsui snapped his head up to see Rukawa's amused grin. "Would you stop rubbing in that fact?!"

Rukawa laughed out loud and changed back to his original clothes. Then, he turned and started going towards the clinic. "Yeah, yeah. come on. I wanna see how Hana's doing."

Mitsui snorted and changed into his normal clothes as well. "That's all that you have in your head. Hana this, Hana that."

"At least I'm not the one who fell for an ANGEL."

"DAMN YOU!!!!!"

And the entire staircase was filled with Rukawa's amused laughter and Mitsui's threats of Death and such as they made their way towards the clinic.

* * * * * *

Koshino cut off the image link that was trained on Rukawa, then turned towards the other person in the room with raised eyes. Sendoh was rolling on the floor of his office, strangled laughter and chuckles making their way past his lips. He held his stomach tightly as tears streamed down his face, finding what had happened to his stepbrother VERY amusing.

Koshino raised an eyebrow. "You know, you should be CONCERNED for your brother at the moment, NOT AMUSED."

Sendoh continued to laugh, doubling over at the way his sides started aching. "He...fell...for an...ANGEL!" He pounded his hands on the ground, shaking his head left to right at that fact.

Koshino sighed and turned around to face murmured, "Falling for an angel is against the law."

Sendoh's laugh stopped so suddenly that Koshino was about to turn and see what had happened to Sendoh, when all of a sudden, warm arms encircled his torso, and his back was against a warm, broad chest. Koshino struggled to get Sendoh to release him, but to no avail, Sendoh wouldn't let him go. Koshino sighed in defeat. "What now?"

"You said that falling for an angel is against the law." Sendoh whispered against his ear.

Koshino shivered and blushed dark red. "So what if I did? It's the truth."

Sendoh grinned. "Well, I guess I have broken that rule."

Koshino raised both eyebrows in question. "What do you mean?"

Sendoh smiled and nuzzled Koshino's neck. "I have fallen for a FALLEN angel, myself."

Koshino groaned and tried to push Sendoh away. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that-" Koshino's sentence was cut off when Sendoh captured his lips with his own, slipping his tongue in Koshino's mouth. Koshino moaned at that and leaned against Sendoh heavily, his legs giving out on him. When the kiss ended, he was breathless and mind washed.

Sendoh grinned at the result given to him and said happily, "Any objections?"

Koshino shook his head. "Don't you take anything SERIOUSLY?"

"No, coz you take them TOO SERIOUSLY, my fallen angel."

Koshino sighed and whispered, "You and your brother are really weird."

Sendoh laughed at that. "Hey, with him falling for an angel, I'd say I'm normal!"

As Sendoh continued to laugh again, Koshino couldn't stop a small smile from forming on his face as he looked up at his lover's smiling face. With each day, the situation their friends had on the other world was getting more and more complicated, but...even if it was getting to be that way, it looked like the 2 demons wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Mitsui may have looked shocked, but he didn't look disgusted at the fact that Kogure was an angel. And as for Rukawa...

Koshino smiled gently. It has been written down that demons could never love, but...after what he just saw, Rukawa was ready to kill anyone who would hurt Hanamichi.

TBC

- fanfictions -