- fanfictions -

Title : What is in a Feeling
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu
Parts : 3

*Flashback

Sendoh waited until the redhead had left the clinic before rushing to the doctor's room and knocking quickly. "Come in," Doctor Onosaki called, and when he saw who it was, he smiled. "Sendoh! Here to see me again?"

"Ah. Got to take the last immunization shot, remember? I was absent when the public nurses came to school, so the government pushed me to my private doctor," Sendoh grinned easily, then his features settled into puzzlement. "Doctor Onosaki? What was Sakuragi Hanamichi doing here?"

Shock settled over the doctor's features. "You know that boy?"

Sendoh shrugged. "Not well, but he's on the Shohoku basketball team. I've played with him a few times. He's good."

His doctor had difficulty talking, he realized, and he leaned forward with new urgency. "What did he come here for, Doctor?"

*End of Flashback

And now, here he was, Sendoh Akira of Ryonan, hanging out around the district where the noisy redhead lived, way out of his own route. He didn't know what he was doing there either.

After an hour, Sendoh prepared to leave. He got up from where he had been sitting and slung his bag over his shoulder, making his way down the side street where he would cut through the park to go home. Whistling to himself, he strode quickly past the alley, then stepped into the park. It was getting dark, he noted, and quickened his strides. Ah well, it's none of my business anyway, he told himself. What possessed me to come over?

He was nearly out the other end of the park when a flash of red caught his eye, and he turned his head slowly to see the familiar figure of Sakuragi Hanamichi sitting quietly on the grass, his back to him and his gaze fixed upon the deepening sunset. Running his tongue through his teeth, Sendoh backtracked and walked slowly up to the oblivious boy.

"Sakuragi Hanamichi."

@@@

The deep voice that came out of the haze of red, which was the view of the sun setting blurred by hot tears, made him instantly sit upright. "Sendoh! What are you doing here?"

"This is how I go home," the taller boy replied casually, swinging his bag over and plopping himself down next to the redhead. "What are you doing here?"

Immediately after he asked, he regretted the question. Hanamichi looked away, and when he spoke, his voice was a growl. "Go away, Sendoh. I'm in no mood for your jokes and humiliation now."

Sendoh blinked. Did he do that? Considering a moment, he finally abandoned logic and put one hand on the other boy's shoulder, turning Hanamichi forcefully around and embracing him violently.

"I know what you're hiding," he whispered.

Under his arms, the muscles tensed. "I don't know what you're talking about," a hoarse voice replied after a long moment. He struggled against the other boy, but Sendoh was obviously taller and stronger. He gripped Hanamichi in a deadlock and refused to let go, and Hanamichi was beginning to panic, and grow angry.

"Let me go, Sendoh."

"I won't."

"LET ME GO!" he screamed, the words choking in his phlegm-filled throat and making his voice raw. Sendoh released him in concern as the younger boy began coughing violently, and fished around in his bag for his spare towel. "Take this."

Hanamichi looked up and glared at him, swatting the towel away and nearly slapping the older boy in the process. "I don't need your help."

Sendoh frowned. Did he have to say it out loud? Ah well, the redhead was never one to fall for subtlety anyway, he reminded himself.

He stared unblinkingly into dull brown eyes and held the gaze, before his own eyes softened. "Yes, you do."

End of part 3

- fanfictions -