- fanfictions -

Title : What is in a Feeling
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu
Parts : Epilogue

A few months after the funeral, Sendoh Akira found himself at the gates of the cemetery, holding a slim white rose and a brand new basketball. He stepped cautiously inside, and made his way over to the grave, side-stepping all the small rocks that lay in the path. Smiling at the tombstone, he set the presents down and spoke, his words carrying away on the wind. "Happy birthday, Hana."

Sitting back on his heels, he contemplated the sunny weather. Blue skies with not a hint of clouds, the sun shining down in golden rays, the breeze that caressed the blades of grass around him. It truly was a beautiful day.

After half an hour, he stood up and left. From the shadows of a large tree, a silent figure emerged and approached the grave.

Rukawa turned his face up to the rays of the sun, soaking in the warmth. This was how your fingers felt on my skin, Hana. This was how you felt to the touch, warm and vibrant. You're still alive inside of me, every day, in my mind, in my heart.

"I knew there was someone watching," a voice interrupted cryptically from behind him, and he spun around to see the smiling face of Sendoh. "What's been going on with you, Rukawa?"

He debated whether or not to tell him, then decided to. He would find out soon, anyway. "I'm going to America."

The other boy merely nodded.

[A Year Later]

Sendoh flipped through the newspapers while waiting for his turn. Doctor Onosaki had become extremely busy lately, and the waiting room was crowded with people. In his corner however, he had enough privacy.

Suddenly, a headline caught his eye.

Rising Japanese Basketball Star Dies

Rukawa Kaede, one of Japan's most upcoming and talented basketball players, passed away yesterday after conquering one of America's toughest competitions with his team. He died from the AIDS virus, which had corrupted his immune system.

Sendoh folded the newspapers and stuffed it into the rack just as his name was called. Standing, his hands in his pockets, he strode down the narrow corridor.

I know there's something in the wake of your smile. I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea. You've built a love but that love falls apart. Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

Listen to your heart when he's calling for you. Listen to your heart there's nothing else you can do. I don't know where you're going and I don't know why, but listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile. The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea. They're swept away and nothing is what is seems, the feeling of belonging to your dreams.

And there are voices that want to be heard. So much to mention but you can't find the words. The scent of magic, the beauty that's been when love was wilder than the wind.

End

- fanfictions -