- fanfictions -

Title : Fireworks
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu + others
Parts : 6

Kogure wasn't the only one getting irritated. Mitsui cursed under his breath as he looked out at the ocean. Waves were gently lapping his feet as he walked a little behind the other boy. They had been friends for so long. What was holding him back?

Moonlight shone in glimmering paths on the rippled surface as the froth nipped and dance delicately in the sea breeze. All was quiet, the noisy people, namely Sakuragi Hanamichi, was clearly not in the immediate vicinity. In the distance, beyond the blazing light of the campfire, he thought he saw two figures lying together under a low pavilion, and just make out occasional laughter bubbling up from that side.

What is wrong with him? Is he upset that I'm leaving? Kogure wondered. Maybe he disapproves. No, I'm sure he disapproves, I can feel it. Why doesn't he say anything? We've been walking alone for the past hour! He sighed before he could stop himself.

Mitsui looked up from the pebble patterns of the wet sand he had been lost in when he heard Kogure sigh. His heart tightened. He had to say it, now!

"Kogure?" he began tentatively. The other boy stopped and turned slowly. "Yes?"

I like you. I've always liked you. I feel funny inside now because you said you're leaving. I don't want you to go. "Eh, nothing."

This is getting ridiculous, Kogure noted despite himself. It's obvious he wants to tell me something. Patience, Kogure. It's only been an hour since he said he wanted to take a walk and its only been about the thirty-first time he responded with a 'nothing' after calling me about thirty-one times. He'll tell you when he's comfortable. No point in fretting.

But is he okay? He seems really troubled. Maybe I should just ask him. He stopped abruptly and turned around.

Mitsui, his head hanging, crashed right into his best friend just as he aimed a kick at a stone, causing him to lose the better part of his balance and slam onto the ground on top of Kogure, who at some point in time turned around to face him. His vision was swimming and he groaned as his foot began to throb. Then again, he wasn't as flattened as he expected to be. He looked down and choked.

Kogure was turning blue, gasping for air, his face buried in the taller boy's chest. Mitsui was by far the heavier of the two. Panic seized the ex-gangster, who rolled off his friend and climbed to his knees weakly. "Kogure?! Are you all right?!"

The bespectacled boy had sat up, his glasses crooked on his nose, taking in quick shallow breaths as he regained his senses. Mitsui stopped, struck by wonder. He's so beautiful. His heart ached. Kogure was going to leave, leave him.

"Mitsui?" the gasping boy managed as he reached up and adjusted his glasses. They were bent from the impact of the fall, however, and still appeared lopsided. "I was going to ask if you were all right, you know. You're not normally this distracted. Are you unhappy with me leaving? Or is it something els-mph!"

Mitsui had given up on words. In the shadows of the beach, under the peaceful face of the pale moon, lips locked together in fierce longing, and two bodies melded in surrendered passion.

End of part 6

- fanfictions -