- fanfictions -

Title : Layered Illusions - Part Two of a RuHana Trilogy
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu + others
Parts : 3

Haruko-chan… Hanamichi was deeply shocked as he tried to gather all that the girl in front of him had uncontrollably burst out. I never knew it mattered so much to you… And he reached out one hand that was slapped away in anger.

@@@

"You know it too, Sakuragi-kun! It's disturbing, the way you two behave! How can you do this to Rukawa-kun?! You're ruining him!" She paused once more, pain tearing at her heart, before she finally gave a sob, and rushed down the corridor, not looking back.

@@@

Haruko…wouldn't say something that wasn't true, would she?

The tall redhead's legs suddenly gave out under him, and he collapsed, leaning against a wall for support as his thoughts collided in his head. Is she telling the truth? Am I ruining Rukawa by loving him like this?

@@@

"Now, now, Rukawa! Where are you going?!"

Rukawa barely stopped his stride. He had nothing to say to Ayako, and quite likely she had nothing to say which would interest him either. He still burned as he remembered how the year-two manageress had insulted Hanamichi, had thrown the scalding words as if they were cold water, and how her eyes narrowed whenever she saw him take the redhead into his arms.

"Rukawa!" a small hand grabbed his arm and he stopped with a jerk, deliberately turning to face the girl.

@@@

Her face blanched as the unfeeling gaze of cold apathy was leveled on her.

"Let go of me."

Without thinking, she did as ordered, and only then realized it was too late to stop him. He would see Haruko talking to Hanamichi.

@@@

As he stepped into the corridor, Haruko ran past him, crying too violently to even look up and notice who she had just dismissed. Then his eyes followed the path where she had come from, and shock coursed through him.

There, on the ground, Hanamichi lay dazed and crumpled on the ground. He strode forward with brisk steps, not caring to hide his silent prayers and silent anger at whoever had done this. He knelt, circling the taller boy's shoulders with one arm, and tipped up the trembling jaw to look deeply into honey-brown eyes. "Are you all right, do'aho?"

@@@

Hanamichi's eyes widened when he felt the familiar embrace of the fox, before the words which had just been hurled at him swam before his consciousness again, and he sat up, breathing hard, staring into crystal clear eyes. Oh no. It must be true. I'm a burden to him, and how can he face everyone if they know he has a male lover? I can't do this to him!

"Talk to me, do'aho," the soft voice whispered huskily in his ear. He jerked himself upright, and as tears gathered in his eyes he brushed them away fiercely. He had to do this! Looking down at the confused, troubled face of the one he used to think of as his mortal enemy, he shuddered at the hurt he was about to cause. But this is for the best, Kaede.

"I can't be with you anymore." He didn't pause to see the expression on the familiar face crease in shock, but picked his things up and blindly ran away.

end of part 3

- fanfictions -