- fanfictions -

Title : Perceptions: All in that smile - Part 3 of RuHana Trilogy
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu + others
Parts : 2

Rukawa jumped back at the touch of the older boy. For the second time that night, Sendoh saw emotion reflecting back at him as Rukawa's eyes glazed over in disbelief and shock. He moved away immediately, silent, and Sendoh advanced casually, his own lips turning up in a smile, but was stopped when Rukawa spoke.

"What do you want?" the voice was low and held an undertone of menace. Sendoh laughed, then shrugged.

"What do you think I want with you, Rukawa?"

Rukawa kept his glare on the other boy. "Tell me."

Sendoh stepped forward again as Rukawa automatically moved away, and a glint of laughter still held in his merry eyes. This is so interesting!

"You're a very handsome boy, Rukawa."

The younger basketball player tensed, but if anything the icy veneer grew colder, held rigidly in place, whether by surprise or whatever else, Sendoh could only begin to guess. He shrugged again.

"I like the way you play. You have a great style."

Sendoh couldn't read the emotions that passed over the face of Rukawa at those words, but was encouraged by his progress.

@@@

I can't believe this is happening.

Rukawa nearly growled as the other boy moved forward again, smiling ever so casually.

"I like the way you play. You have a great style."

A vision of deep-set honey-brown eyes flashed in his mind. Bold concentration and daring in one determined look. Do'aho.

As his mind wandered, he didn't even notice until it was too late and he looked up in shock, but Sendoh was already in front of him, pressing close to him, his arms twining around him in an iron grip. He felt the jolt again, as the memory of smooth skin over rippling muscles came over his consciousness. Hanamichi.

@@@

"You broke up with him because of that?" Kogure's voice was filled with disapproval. Hanamichi looked up in surprise.

"What else could I do, glasses-boy?" Hot tears threatened to overwhelm him again. He had never been good at concealing his emotions, and his words burst out of him like water from an overflowing dam. "Haruko-chan is right. If anyone finds out Rukawa and me…have something going on…nobody will accept him! I can't do that to him."

Kogure considered, then leaned forward and looked the redhead directly in the eyes. "Then what if-" he hesitated, but decided to push the limits, "What if by breaking up with him you make him so upset he does something silly."

Kitsune… Blue eyes filled with depths of love and rough tenderness. "No. What we had was just a game," he choked even as he spat the words out, burning and offending. "How far could we have gone anyway?"

Kogure smiled warmly and patted the younger boy's hand. "That's where you're wrong, Sakuragi."

@@@

Why did you leave me, do'aho…I hate it how you make me feel inside…what could have come between us to make you push me away after we went through so much to be together…

His mind erupted in warning bells when he felt himself crushed by strong arms, and a small smile on thin, well-formed lips appear directly in front of him. He struggled violently, but Sendoh was too close for any damage to be done. In distant horror, he felt the soft lips of the Ryonan point guard press forcefully against his own.

end of part 2

- fanfictions -