- fanfictions -

Title : Perceptions: All in that smile - Part 3 of RuHana Trilogy
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu + others
Parts : 3

Hanamichi had fallen quiet after Kogure spoke.

Don't you think Rukawa knows how to make his own choices? … You can't assume that what you think is right for him is truly the best way to go, can you? … Just one question you need to ask yourself, do you want to be with him and make him happy? … Can you make him happy? … Rukawa has never been very open, has he? … The fact that he's chosen to confide in you must mean something, and don't you think it's possible he truly feels something for you? … You're not his mother, Sakuragi. … All you can is love him and be by his side… Don't make decisions that make both sides unhappy… It's not right…

The final point was one that rang in his ears, and warmed his heart slightly. As for how far you two can go, Sakuragi? You'll never find out if you give up now. Do you want to give up?

No, his heart answered vehemently. No, Rukawa. I care for you…I love you. I can make you happy, I know it. Oh my god, what have I done?

@@@

Kogure looked thoughtfully down the empty street where Mitsui had disappeared. He hoped he hadn't been too harsh, or too direct. But after all that Mitsui had told him, he knew that he had to speak his mind on the matter. His lover had been fairly indignant as he recounted the bias of society, but as he had concluded, it didn't really matter as long as he knew what and who it was who he lived for. Kogure smiled to himself as he thought about it. It seemed like so long ago that Mitsui had been at a loss for words that quiet night on Valentine's Day at the beach, and it still made him surprise to no end that the talented three-point shooter had kissed him. Mitsui wanted him. And true to his word, he had brought light and laughter, a whole new feeling of awareness and love to Kogure's world. I have never regretted us happening, Mit-kun. He made a mental note to remind them both tonight.

He was distracted when the redhead suddenly stood up, determination in his eyes. He paused for a moment and looked down, as if suddenly realizing that Kogure was still sitting there and then his mouth softened and he smiled gratefully at the older boy. Thank you, Kogure. I'm going to look for him now. I can't let my mistake drag on any longer.

@@@

Kogure smiled as the younger boy raced off into the night, before standing leisurely and brushing his hands on the sides of his jeans just as Mitsui appeared, his arms laden with large white plastic bags and whistling casually, before flashing a bright grin. "How did it go?"

Kogure met him halfway and spontaneously embraced the surprised boy. "I don't know, but I think Sakuragi is cleared up now, at least."

Mitsui smiled as Kogure took one of the bags from him and wrapped his free arm around the slimmer boy's waist. "Let's walk back this way."

end of part 3

- fanfictions -