- fanfictions -

Title : Perceptions: All in that smile - Part 3 of RuHana Trilogy
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu + others
Parts : 4

Rukawa fought for air as he tried to push Sendoh away, but the other basketball player was taller and more muscled, holding him so tightly to his chest that he could not twist free easily. He felt himself drowning, sinking deeper and deeper…until he sensed something terribly wrong and looked up, over Sendoh's shoulder to see…

@@@

Hanamichi was just about to cut through the large park that would take him to Rukawa's house, until he heard a very familiar sound of a basketball being dribbled, then a faint swish as it sank into the hoop. He hurried forward, trying to move towards the sound of the playing, but all had gone silent. He was about to give up and continue his path until he burst out of a clearing where, across the street, illuminated by the stark white streetlights, were two familiar figures stood pressed to each other, their identical dark heads bowed together, their lips locked.

What… His mind reeled in the shock as he slumped onto the ground, and inwardly, a scream broke free and echoed about the hollowness he felt inside. And as if by an unseen force, the shorter of the two figures jerked and met his eyes through the fence of the court. A strangled sob burst from his throat, and he rose and fled, hot tears making him dizzy. He couldn't watch anymore.

@@@

The cry made Rukawa snap out of his delusional state and his eyes widen. With all his might, he shook himself free, wrenching his arm painfully as he did so, standing there, gasping for breath as his gaze followed the flash of red hair. Hana? What was he doing here? Sick dread settled over him. Did he come to look for me, to tell me that he wanted me again? To say he was sorry? He stepped backward and made to run out of the court, to follow, until a shadow blocked him.

@@@

Sendoh couldn't believe the change that had come over Rukawa. His lips, bruised and slightly bleeding where he had bit himself, were twisted in a semblance of panic as his breath came in shallow gasps. His infamous blue eyes, so notoriously calm and unfeeling, were widened in what could only be described as confusion, until they darkened in anger and some other emotion he couldn't define. But even before he could open his mouth to speak, the younger boy growled, indescribable fury etched into every nearly unintelligible syllable.

"Get out of my way."

Sendoh heard the coldness in the voice and froze. He didn't move as Rukawa brushed past him and banged the gate shut. He didn't move when he heard the sound of running feet, and he didn't move until the pounding faded and he could see clearly again.

@@@

He didn't know where he was running, but he didn't care. Hanamichi ignored the branches which scratched at his face and arms, paying no heed to the thin trickles of blood which were running down his arms and making wet sticky stains on his shirt. I need to get away…get away from the both of them…get away from him…Rukawa…

end of part 4

- fanfictions -