- fanfictions -

Title : Perceptions: All in that smile - Part 3 of RuHana Trilogy
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu + others
Parts : Epilogue

*Flashback

Ayako hurried after the tall, dark-haired boy and when she reached, tapped him carefully on the shoulder. "Rukawa?"

He turned slowly, his eyes narrowing, and she flushed and looked down at her hands. "I'm sorry."

He paused, looking at her silently, his gaze moving over her face as he measured her. Then he nodded quietly, before resuming his way.

*End of Flashback

Basketball practice over, the players slumped wearily against each other, stretched out on the floor, the wall, the bench, anywhere in the gym which would take a space. Lifting his head, Hanamichi saw Mitsui laugh, and the glint of a silver bracelet reflected back in the sunlight. He grinned wryly, knowing just whose name was engraved on the inside of that precious silver band.

"Do'aho."

He looked up and caught the towel just before it wrapped around his head, and pulled it down in mock anger. "That wasn't very-mphh!"

@@@

*Flashback

Akagi wiped at his neck with a towel, feeling grimly satisfied at how the basketball team was turning out, before a small pat on his back alerted him to Ayako's presence behind him.

"Yes?"

She smiled at him oddly. "It's been a while since I've seen Haruko-chan, ne?"

"Oh," he resumed drying his hair, and sat down on the bench. "My parents moved her to a private school which she really wanted. She said the learning environment here really didn't suit her."

*End of Flashback

Ayako smiled as she watched the redhead and the dark-haired boy flip over the bench and onto the ground, wrestling madly. Laughter and mock taunts were thrown, as well as kisses and more than a touch of mad wriggling.

Mitsui, behind her, followed her gaze and laughed softly to himself. They're together, Min-kun. Look at Rukawa. It's all in that smile.

end

- fanfictions -