- fanfictions -

Title : Thrills and Spills
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu + others
Parts : 2

"Those two have got it bad," Hanamichi laughed hysterically as Kiyota's head bobbed up and down in front of him. The ride, which was definitely having odd effects on the redhead's extreme cheer and madness, swung wildly to the left, and he scowled as the momentum pulled him, violently, nearly onto Rukawa's lap and protected from falling over the side only by the safety of the locked belt and side bars. "Look at the monkey! He's afraid of heights!"

Rukawa snorted mildly, then sighed as another neck-breaking twist rendered the redhead almost senseless in his arms. Not that I really mind… And a barely noticeable smile twisted itself lopsidedly on his lips.

@@@

"I always had a thing for Ferris wheels," the brown-haired boy commented as he leaned slightly on the cage, scratching his skin slightly against the rough surface as he looked down and out into the panoramic view before him. "The world is so clear from up here, and you're away from the crowd, you know?"

Hanagata smiled and placed his hands in his lap, the top of his head brushing the ceiling of the tiny cable car. The enormous wheel was slowly, slowly turning and they were reaching the top, where it seemed like they breathed in the clouds.

Fujima savored the sight of the crowd milling below, a picturesque photo of color and bubbly life, before he turned his attention back to the one who sat opposite him, a small blush coloring his cheeks. Hanagata coughed and handed him the box of cotton candy, feeling his ears grow warm, as always.

@@@

"Shall we sit that, Mit-kun?"

Mitsui looked at the large Ferris wheel towering over the ground, nearly blacking them out in its shadow, and gulped. "How about we just try that one?"

"Huh-?" Mitsui looped an arm about the skinner boy's shoulders and dragged him away. After a few moments, Kogure stopped forcefully, looked at Mitsui, before a sudden laugh broke from his throat as he cackled uncharacteristically at his confused lover.

"You're afraid of heights, Mit-kun!"

Mitsui groaned inwardly, closing his eyes, until a light kiss on his forehead made him look up and blink in surprise. Kogure grinned at him, reaching down for his hand. "It doesn't matter which ride we take as long as I'm with you."

@@@

There was an hour yet till the carnival closed, but an announcement came over the speakers that because of the large turnout and the fact that it was the last day, it would be open an extra hour.

@@@

"Can we try the haunted house?! It looks fun!"

"Do'aho."

"Oi Hanamichi! Rukawa!"

The two boys turned simultaneously to see Sendoh and Koshino coming towards them. Koshino was clutching an obnoxiously huge brown stuffed bear.

"Going to try the haunted house? I've been hearing people say it's great! They have this huge ground level and the floors rotate after you enter your chosen door, so it can get really freaky! Besides," he looked at the people crowding the booth, "Everyone seems to have tried it already. Look, the queue's not as long as when I passed it earlier."

Koshino looked up at the huge signboard and read it carefully. "Since we need a group of ten every batch…you guys want to go in together?"

End of part 2

- fanfictions -