- fanfictions -

Title : Thrills and Spills
Author : Liez
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu + others
Parts : 5

Jin privately thought that Kiyota's hair was getting too fluffy and gravity defying as he ruffled a hand playfully through the other boy's hair. He seemed taller and broader in the darkness…so tempting. Smiling to himself, he traced a path down the line of the other's jaw, not being able to see the face he adored so much but reveling in its touch, ignoring the pumpkins spinning in pale orange light far above their heads as well as the annoying masks which popped up and faded back into the darkness of the floor.

@@@

"This place isn't scary," Hanamichi tried his best to sound convincing, but as the floor spun about them again, bringing them to yet another room where white sheets flapped randomly on the walls, his clutch on the handlebars turned to a death grip. Rukawa let out one of his rare low laughs. "Do'aho. Afraid of the dark? I would never have guessed."

"Be quiet, kitsune!"

A sigh.

@@@

A bright light shone at the end of the long corridor as the floor's movements slowed, bringing them forward. A rude shock awaited the takers of the spinning ride…

Hanamichi stepped out, his eyes tearing at the bright light. Rukawa looked solemnly at him, then lifted a pale hand and wiped gently at the redhead's cheek. "Hey kitsune! We're the first out here!"

Rukawa snorted and clasped Hanamichi's hand. "Best make full use of it."

When they parted, both were gasping for air.

Suddenly the first door popped open, and the floor ushered in Mitsui and…a brown-haired boy?

"Bwahaha!" Hanamichi was the first to react, jumping to the pair much to his lover's annoyance. "What are you--!" he pointed, grinning madly at Mitsui, "-doing with him!?" and his finger switched accusingly to the captain of the Shoyo basketball team. The look on Mitsui's face was priceless. Fujima's eyes were so wide and he had fallen so quiet that Rukawa privately wondered if haunted houses affected him more so than even the redhead. Just as the thought fled, another door opened, and two more boys stepped into the pale light.

"Sendoh?! Jin?!" the redhead's laughter was bordering on hysteria. Rukawa couldn't stop a small laugh that burst from his throat, but quickly swallowed it as the two newcomers gaped at each other, frozen in shock. Which means that…

The second door opened.

"Kogure?" Mitsui sputtered. Kogure looked around in shock for the voice, and for the first time since the ride noticed just whom he had gone in with. Kiyota's face was whiter than the light as he released his hold around Kogure's waist faster than Hanamichi could say anything, and then the last door opened.

The last two members of the group tumbled out, their hair tousled and breathing hard. When they saw the group around, Koshino was the first to blanch as he looked up to see a row of faces peering down at them. Hanamichi, Rukawa, Mitsui, Fujima, Kiyota, Kogure, Jin and…Sendoh?

Hanagata turned as boneless as spaghetti as his hand became numb where it was gripped about Koshino's waist.

The ten boys stared wordlessly at each other, before Hanamichi broke the silence, laughing madly and nearly splitting his sides as he did so. Rukawa held on to him for fear that he would break his bones with the force he was rolling on the floor with, but the redhead could only laugh harder at the looks of consternation on the other boys' faces.

"You-" he pointed shakily at each one in turn, his hands going weak with laughter "-and you, and you, and you! Bwahahahahaha!!!"

"All of you ended up with the wrong people, ne! Only the tensai Hanamichi and the kitsune came out of this ride intact! So who thinks it's fun now?!"

Sendoh's face had turned an ominous shade of purple. The teams closed in on the hysterical Hanamichi while Rukawa thought and decided not to interfere this time.

"Ow!"

A wail. "Min-kun, where were you?!"

"What are you talking about?! Why were you with him?!" Finger points randomly.

"Kenji…" Squeak, squeak, flush.

"Toru…" Another hysterical laugh.

"Kiyota?" Gulp.

"JIN!" Strangling begins.

"Akira…?" A growl.

"Stop hitting me! Okay, okay, I'm so-so-sorry-bwahahaha!!!!"

End

- fanfictions -