- fanfictions -

Title: Time will tell
Author: F5C
Rating: PG for now
Posted: Fanfiction.net (not yet there… my account is screwed up… that or my comp,… but as soon as it is possible it will be posted there too)
E-mail: chatterbox_shil@yahoo.com

Part 3

"Ladies and Gentlemen we will be touching down at Kanagawa Airport in the next five minutes. Please make sure that your seats are in an upright position and that your seat belts are fastened. Thank you"

Hanamichi looked out of the window and saw the city below him. Home. He was finally home. It had already been a year and things had changed but one thing remained the same… this was his home.

FLASHBACK

People were staring at him warily. He entered the school and immediately headed towards the principal's office. There he was told the rules and then lead to his class. On entering the class everybody immediately looked at him. His teacher introduced him after which he was asked to do a self introduction.

"I am Sakuragi Hanamichi. By the way Hanamichi is my first name and not my surname." He had heard somebody snort at the comment but he chose to ignore it. (A/N: I know… not the usual Hanamichi but things change with the different environment) "I was born in Japan and have now migrated hear. That's it." and with that he walked towards an empty seat at the back of the class. "Hey ass! What the hell is with the hair?" asked they same guy. "It's my natural hair color" replied Hanamichi softly and then turned around to glare at the asshole who had spoken to him like that. They guy shut up after being glared at and nobody dared to do a thing to Hanamichi after that.

At the end of school Hanamichi walked out of class all by himself. This was a totally new feeling to him as he always had the gundam but no more. He was about to make his way towards the gym when suddenly he heard a guy "Hey Hana… Man! Where you think you going? Gym is that way!" shouted Max whilst pointing his finger in the other direction. Hanamichi was glad to see him. It turned out that they didn't share a class at all and that sucked. Max approached him and they started talking about the day while Max led him to the gym. People were still staring at them as they walked towards the gym and when they entered they were greeted by all the players. It seemed that Max was really popular in the team… in fact he was their ace.

Hanamichi stared at the team. He was use to being one of the tallest players in the team but here… he was only average height. Everybody readily and happily accepted Hanamichi after Max told them that he had saved his life.

The first practice wasn't what he had expected it to be. He felt like he was playing in a team which consisted of 4 other kitsunes playing side by side with him. He realized immediately that his skills were crap when it came down to these guys and he had been totally disheartened.

Max had watched Hanamichi play… at first he had been absolutely cocky but in the middle of the game he had become serious and it was then that his skills had shown. Max knew that Hanamichi had just started playing basketball and watching him play no one would have realized it. His skills weren't extraordinary but for an amateur they were stunning. He knew what and when to act… however that only lasted for a few minutes. This guy had a terrible attention span which lasted for only a few seconds. Max sighed and proceeded to grab the first rebound of the game but he was stunned when Hanamichi had grabbed it instead of him. After which Hanamichi had grabbed all the other rebounds. At the end of the game Hanamichi struck a pose and shouted out that he was the King of Rebounds. Nobody argued with, not because he was annoying… but because they had silently admitted that it was true. //Maybe there is hope after all//

The next day, Hanamichi was entering school when suddenly out of nowhere a beautiful African American girl attached herself to his arm and accompanied him into the building. Hanamchi blushed furiously

"Ano… Samantha-san could you please let go of my hand… everybody is staring at us!"

"So what if they are! You are my hero and I am going to stick by your side and show you around school today"

"Actually… we decided that we'd show you around school today" added Max who had joined them from the back.

"Hey Max could you please ask your sister to let go of my hand" said Hanamichi still blushing furiously at the contact.

"You know you are the only guy here to not want to get a hold of my sis. That's new!"

"Hana-kun! Why don't you like me? Aren't I beautiful enough?" said Samantha mocking a tone of hurt while doing a little twirl in front of the guys.

"Ano… you are very beautiful… but you are just my friend and you are Max's sister… I wouldn't dare touch you unless he says okay"

"Hey man… it is fine with me… after all I wouldn't want to get into a fight with you. No way!"

"Hana-kun… are you gay?"

"Nani… Me gay? NO! I am not" shouted Hanamichi in shock still blushing furiously.

People looked at the trio as they walked down the corridors

Everyone envied the new blushing Jap boy as he was now good friends with Mr. and Miss Popularity itself. How they wished they were in his shoes.

END OF FLASHBACK

Life in America hadn't been all that bad… and it was solely due to Max and Samantha. But he still missed home and he was glad that he was returning. He might be alone as his mother was still in America… but he was glad that he'd be back.

"Ladies and Gentlemen we have arrived at Kanagawa Airport. Thank you for flying American Airlines. We wish you a happy stay…" the message went on and on but Hanamichi's thoughts were else where. //I am HOME! //

Hanamichi came out of the airport and he strained to find his friends when suddenly a hand laid itself on his shoulder. Hanamichi whirled around only to be greeted by his GUNDAM.

"Welcome back Hanamichi"

"How was the flight?"

"Got us anything?"

Before Yohei had the chance to say anything Hanamichi head butted his three friends. "How dare you ask the Tensai if he got you anything?! I am not a delivery service! I am the Tensai!" answered Hanamichi grinning madly.

"I am glad to see you back… and I am also glad to see that you haven't changed a bit" said Yohei smiling happily.

"Of course… how can a Tensai change? After all a Tensai is already perfect, ne?" replied Hanamichi enjoying being his normal self… not having to be cautious but being able to be totally carefree.

"What Tensai? You are still the same old Hanamichi! So hey! Hanamichi… how many girls dumped you there?" and the three were again greeted with head butts.

They spent the night over at Hanamichi's house and spoke about everything that he had missed out.

end of part 3

- fanfictions -