- fanfictions -

Title: Time will tell
Author: F5C
Rating: PG for now
Posted: Fanfiction.net (not yet there… my account is screwed up… that or my comp,… but as soon as it is possible it will be posted there too)
E-mail: chatterbox_shil@yahoo.com

Part 6

Rukawa couldn't believe the audacity of that d'aho. //Is that asshole actually looking down on me! What the fuck is his problem? Every bloody person thinks that he is a sweet boy… what sweet boy? …That baka is an arrogant egoistical asshole who doesn't know how to respect people!//

Rukawa paced the locker room. Finally he decided that he needed some fresh air and with that he started to pack up. //Practice isn't over… Miyagi hasn't dismissed us yet… argh! Screw Miyagi! I needed to get the hell away from that asshole!// He approached the door but before he could reach for the handle the door swung open and the devil himself stomped in.

"Teme kitsune? What the hell is your problem? I ask you for a truce and you walk off… what the hell is wrong with you"

"…"

"Kitsune! Don't you dare ignore me now! I mean it… who the hell do you think you are? Answer me!"

"…"

"I TOLD YOU! DON'T IGNORE ME" and with that Hanamichi grabbed Rukawa and shoved him against one of the lockers.

Pain shot through his spine as he made contact with the hard metal door. In front of him stood the red head and at that moment he really did resemble the devil. His fiery red hair was loose and fell down along his head and as for his brown 'oh so innocent' eyes they now resembled pools of dark molten lava. //He has no right to be pissed// and with that Rukawa glared back at the brown pools… his icy orbs fighting with the molten pools. "D'aho" he said it slowly enunciating each alphabet so as to stress his point.

Hanamichi couldn't believe it //Yet again he does that! What the hell is it with him? What … he doesn't know any other word? And of all of them he uses he has to use that…// Hanamichi stared back only to hear the word once again only this time it was louder and coated with malice. //That does it!//

Hanamichi punched Rukawa hard in the gut… and was rewarded with a soft oophf! But before he could continue his attack Rukawa punched him in the face. Hanamichi staggered backwards, but wasn't deterred as soon enough it turned into a full fledged fight.

Everybody could hear the yells in the gym… but they were immobilized by the intensity of the words… finally Akagi managed to regain his wits and immediately grabbing Mitsui they charged into the locker room.

Hanamichi punched Rukawa once more and Rukawa responded with a right hook hiting him right under the jaw. On contact… Hanamichi staggered back once again… only this time it was permanently… he wasn't going to continue fighting anymore… he couldn't.

Rukawa picked up his gym back and then stepped across the figure sprawled on the floor gasping for air. He stopped before exiting and looked down at the red head on the floor "D'aho! Fuck off asshole… go back to where you came from!" and with that, he left the room leaving Akagi and Mitsui who had just entered to handle the situation. He ignored Ayako's and Miyagi's shouts and he proceeded to exit the gym unhindered.

Mitsui and Akagi hurried towards Hanamichi who was now turning a slight shade of purple… //What the hell happened?// Mitsui tried his level best to help the red head, but it wasn't the easiest thing to do. He was thrashing wildly and his face had now become slightly more purplish.

//Shit! I am going to die like this… I don't want to die… I just came back… I just started to live… nooo…// everything went black.

~*~

Rukawa pedaled furiously with no destination in mind. //Shit! What the hell have I gotten myself into now…? Fuck! I wonder if he is okay… what the hell, why should I give a damn about that idiot? Dammit! I didn't mean to do that… I forgot about his neck… shit! Why am I so bothered by this? Why? I don't get it? I should be happy… he'll finally start treating me normally. Why am I still bothered? I don't get it? // After quite sometime Rukawa found himself at a basketball court. He had automatically come here and he now remembered that he had a game with Sendoh. //This day just seems to get better and better!//

Sendoh entered the court to see Rukawa sitting at a corner glaring at a tree opposite him. //That's weird… what's wrong… usually he'd already be practicing… I wonder what's wrong// "Oi! Are we still on for that game?"

Rukawa looked up at the approaching figure and before he could answer a loud rumble of thunder was heard. Rukawa looked up at the sky and realized that grey clouds were directly above him. Rukawa stared on scrutinizing the overcast sky. The sun was nowhere to be seen, completely overshadowed by these dark things. The grey clouds called to him and Rukawa kept on looking upwards. Lightning flashed casting a temporary light over the dark clouds and soon enough small drops of water fell down. The rain pelted his face and soon enough the drizzle turned into a downpour. He welcomed the rain with open arms… somehow or rather feeling that maybe it could wash away his sins. Yes… he finally started feeling sorry for what he did. //I wonder if that idiot is okay… I should find out// and with that he quietly got up and left the court. He still hated the asshole but just because he hated the red head he wouldn't allow himself to stoop to the level of being one as well.

Sendoh watched the scene with open curiosity. He was going to ask Rukawa if he was alright… it definitely looked otherwise but then Rukawa had gotten up and walked past him as if he wasn't even there. After sometime Sendoh still stood there… in the middle of the court… as a lone solitary figure, drenched in the rain… but still he didn't move. Rukawa had walked past him as if he didn't exist… and the realization dawned upon him like a blow on the head by a bag of bricks. He just stayed rooted in that position for a long period of time before finally leaving.

//To him I don't exist//

~*~

He lay in bed staring at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep and that was a first. It wasn't that he couldn't sleep but he was afraid to sleep. Every time he closed his eyes he recollected the scene in the locker room. He kept on staring at the ceiling //I wonder if he is okay? Shit! Why the hell is this happening?// He tried once again to go back to sleep.

*

Hanamichi punched him once more and he responded with a right hook hitting him right under the jaw. On contact… Hanamichi staggered back once again… only this time it was permanently… he wasn't going to continue fighting anymore… he couldn't.

Rukawa picked up his gym back and then stepped across the figure sprawled on the floor gasping for air. He stopped before exiting and looked down at the red head on the floor "D'aho! Fuck off asshole… go back to where you came from!" He looked down once more at the asshole to smirk at him… it was then that he noticed that the d'aho had turned blue… he wasn't trashing anymore… in fact he was quite still. Rukawa bent down beside him and still he didn't flinch. He looked at the red head… fear finally finding its way to his heart. He checked for a pulse and didn't seem to find one. He looked in horror at the body at his feet.

Akagi and Mitsui had finally entered and on comprehending the sight in front of their eyes…they started yelling. One of them tried to do mouth to mouth resuscitation but nothing worked. Finally they whirled at him and started pounding him to a pulp.

To him… everything was a blur… the only thing that he could see… was the now lifeless body which lay at his feet.

His eyes were now as wide as saucers and his face as pale as white ash.

*

He woke with a jolt. The sheets were tangled with his legs and his upper half was exposed. Beads of sweat rolled off his forehead and his eyes were now wide open //Shit I can't take this anymore! Dammit!//

end of part 6

- fanfictions -