- fanfictions -

Title: Time will tell
Author: F5C
Rating: PG for now
Posted: Fanfiction.net (not yet there… my account is screwed up… that or my comp,… but as soon as it is possible it will be posted there too)
E-mail: chatterbox_shil@yahoo.com

Part 7

He lay in bed… thinking about the previous day. The events stilled stunned him //Why does the kitsune hate me so much? What the hell did I do? That asshole nearly killed me… but what did I do to deserve it? What? What did I do?//

The wind blew through the open window and the thin white curtains fluttered about. Hanamichi concentrated on the smooth flow of the thin material… the movement gave out an aura of purity and he was totally compelled to keep on staring. The smoothness of the flow relaxed him… and then the wind stopped. Hanamichi stared out of the window and after a while the eerie silence started to bother him. Not a sound was heard… it was too still to be real. Suddenly a brilliant light flashed.

He couldn't see a thing… all was dark and quiet again. He could hear a silent humming coming from below his body but that was it. He blinked his eyes a couple of times and finally a dim light came on. "You are Sakuragi Hanamichi ne?" He heard the question but he couldn't see the speaker. He looked around and realized that he was all alone in the room… but if he was alone then who spoke? "Didn't you hear my question?"

"Yeah… I am Sakuragi Hanamichi… who are you… where are you?"

"Who and where I am is not relevant! You have been an asshole towards a certain fox eyed boy and now… you will pay!"

"Nani?! Hey I didn't do anything! That kitsune is an asshole! He is cold and stupid and a show off and a major asshole!" shouted Hanamichi his anger vexed out through the words.

"No… it is your fault that he is that way… and you are going to pay for what you have done… Rukawa is never wrong… but you, a lowly mortal obviously are… and you shall regret this!"

"Nani! What the hell are you talking about? What mortal? Who are you people? Are y'all part of his shinetai? Leave me the hell alone! Don't you…" a tinge of fear entered his words but he was cut off.

"Hey guys… doesn't he look good enough to eat?"

"Nani! Chotte matte!" Hanamichi's eyes now the size of golf balls.

He thrashed about wildly for a few minutes but when no one appeared he finally calmed down. He let out a sigh of relief… then he felt something furry against his hands. He tried to jerk away but couldn't as he was restrained to the bed.

"It is hopeless to fight!"

The voice was close. Hanamichi looked up and there on his chest lay a fox… a totally black fox with startling blue eyes staring at him. Hanamichi blinked in surprise but before he could say anything the fox continued "Good enough to eat!"

Suddenly… from the sides… a dozen more black foxes jumped onto the bed. They were nibbling on his fingers and toes… only two of them were still free. Those two sat on his chest looking at him… finally one of them moved… he attacked Hanamichi's mouth… Hanamichi was too surprised to do anything… his eyes now became as big as footballs. But it was weird cause instead of feeling pain and fear he felt something else… Suddenly he was aware of movement on his chest… it seemed that the last fox was moving downwards. It dragged its nose lightly across Hanamichi's skin and when it reached his navel its tongue darted out and licked him… Hanamichi felt a moan escape his mouth but then he realized that the fox kept on moving down.

He awoke with a start. He was panting heavily and he stared at the room he was in. Slowly things fell into place… he was in the hospital… and there were no foxes here. He sighed and laid back to resume his sleep when he heard a slight snoring coming from the chair next to him…

"KITSUNE! ARGH!"

Rukawa awoke to a terrible scream. His eyesight was still blurry and fuzzy but he was able to make out a figure in front of him. Finally his vision cleared and then he saw a very pissed off red head glaring at him, he just glared back.

"D'aho"

"What the fuck are you doing in my room? No wonder I had such stupid dreams?"

On hearing that statement Rukawa raised an eyebrow in curiosity but in a millisecond the façade was back in place and he got up to leave. //Good! I know he is okay… I can now get good sleep!//

"Where the hell are you going? It is because of you that I am here… don't think I am going to let you off so easily!" and with that Hanamichi stood up and headed towards the retreating figure. He laid a hand on Rukawa's shoulder but it was shrugged off… and that angered him even more… once again he punched Rukawa.

By now quite a few nurses had arrived at the scene to find out the cause of the commotion. On realizing that a fight was brewing… the doctors who were present did their level best to calm down the raging Hanamichi… unfortunately Hanamichi was really enraged and he didn't give a shit about what the doctors were saying. He had only one thought in his mind and that was //ASSHOLE//

Rukawa walked out of the room calmly trying his level best to avoid the red head again… he needed his sleep and he was going to go home and get it. Suddenly out of nowhere two hands grabbed his head and he felt like his head had been cracked open with a hammer three times. His tiredness along with the pain overpowered him and he fell to his knees. He remembered hearing a maniacal laugh with an underlying icy tone "Nyahaha! Don't you dare mess with the Tensai! And don't you dare call me an asshole!" then he blanked out.

Hanamichi looked at the unconscious figure at his feet. That idiot had insulted him for no reason and he was going to regret it. He was stuck here in this stinking hospital because of that asshole and yet that guy had the nerve to come and visit him in his room. //ASSHOLE// He had managed to vent most of his anger via the head butts but the torrent of emotions that were bubbling within him got the better of him and finally he kicked the boy sprawled at his feet. The kicks were hard and vicious… and after the first very satisfying blow had made contact with the kitsune's body Hanamichi lost all control over himself.

The doctors had finally reached them along with a few of the security guards. The guards grabbed hold of Hanamichi and finally managed to restrain him. As for the doctors… they attended to the boy lying on the floor.

His sanity finally came back to him and once again he looked at the boy on the floor who now had many doctors huddled over him. He felt or rather sensed when the guard's grip on his arms had loosened… but instead of violently continuing what he had started… he just glared at the boy.

The nurses didn't know what to do… they were too scared to approach Hanamichi who now had a red glowing aura about him… but soon enough he shrugged off the guard's hold on him and returned to his room to get some sleep.

~*~

//What the hell is wrong with that kitsune? Why did he come here? Why? After all that happened he came here… of all places… why?// Hanamichi lay in bed pondering about Rukawa. He was too tensed up to get much sleep… after several vain attempts he gave up and finally lay in bed thinking. Not only was he too tense… but every time he closed his eyes a certain black fox made an appearance. Hanamichi was afraid of the fox. Yes… you know those really cute little creatures… well the so-called Tensai was now afraid of them… so instead of sleep… he spent most of the remaining night deep in thought.

end of part 7

- fanfictions -