- fanfictions -

Title: Time will tell
Author: F5C
Rating: PG for now
Posted: Fanfiction.net (not yet there… my account is screwed up… that or my comp,… but as soon as it is possible it will be posted there too)
E-mail: chatterbox_shil@yahoo.com

Part 8

Ayako walked towards the hospital along with Miyagi, Mitsui, Kogure, Haruko and the Sakuragi gundam. They were all still very perplexed about the happenings that took place the day before. The Sakuragi gundam was in a very irritable state right then… they had attended practice as per usual so as to meet up with a certain blue eyed boy… however at the end of the practice session he hadn't appeared… and as for the gundam… their level of anger was reaching an all time high. All the members in the club were worried about Rukawa… they didn't know where he was.

//What's wrong with Rukawa? I haven't noticed a change in him… but then how else do you explain yesterday's events?// Kogure looked at Mitsui who was walking beside him. Even after spending a whole hour together with him and Akagi, when they brought the red head to the hospital yesterday evening, he still couldn't understand what went on in the locker room. He knew that everybody was just as confused as he… but from what he understood… it sounded like Rukawa had wanted to kill Sakuragi. //Is that possible? I know that he may be 'aloof' and hard to approach… those two have always had their squabbles but does he really hate Sakuragi? I don't see how a person can hate Sakuragi… he may be loud and… irritating and… brash… but after a while he just grows on you. *sigh* He has changed but the change isn't that obvious and he still acts the same way around the team and Haruko// with this thought Kogure turned to stare at Haruko. She too was as confused as the whole team but the difference was that when the topic was brought up… she silently but dedicatedly kept on defending Rukawa. He had noticed how the Sakuragi gundam had given her the silent treatment for the day… but then again so had Mitsui and Miyagi. He still couldn't understand her… //I know she is Akagi's sister… but how can she be so naïve and blind to Sakuragi's feelings? If she and him are such good friends then why is she defending Rukawa and not Sakuragi? …// he continued thinking but was pulled from his silent reverie when he bumped into someone.

"Ohayo minna! Why does everybody look so sad? Last I heard… you guys made it to the qualifying round of the tournament just like us… so then why the long faces?" asked Sendoh, his smile plastered to his face. "Umm… there was an incident yesterday between Rukawa and Sakuragi and well… Sakuragi is in the hospital and as for Rukawa nobody has seen him" answered Kogure softly. "I saw Rukawa yesterday… we were suppose to have a one-on-one but the weather didn't permit it… so he left" said Sendoh still remembering the pain and sheer intensity of his revelation the evening before. "So how is he? …Sakuragi… What happened?"

"We are not exactly sure… but we are heading to the hospital now… and I'll guess we'll soon find out" replied Mitsui in a clipped tone.

"I guess I'll tag along… check out how that red head is doing" and with that he joined the group to the hospital.

~*~

"Ohayo minna! Can we please get a move on it…? I am dying to get out of here… the doctors said I am fine and so lets get a move on it already" said Hanamichi loudly. His delight on seeing the group was obvious… and he acted as if nothing had happened the day before but his behaviour still did not change the reality of the situation. "Oi Smiley! What you doing here? Are you spying to see if the Tensai is sick? Nyahaha! The Tensai is fine and I shall play against you and defeat you!" continued Hanamichi cockily. "Tensai? What Tensai?" said Mitsui, looking left and right frantically as if searching for someone. "Oi Micchy! How dare you act like that to the Tensai!" asked a somewhat insulted Hanamichi

"But it's the truth, ne?" said Miyagi backing Mitsui.

"I am Sakuragi Hanamichi, Tensai Basketoman! I can beat the both of you if I wanted to… I just don't… cause you are my friends and I don't want to hurt your feelings" said Hanamichi mocking a tone of concern.

"Yare yare!" Yohei added softly.

"You Tensai basketoman? Hahaha!" and with that the three members of the Sakuragi gundam burst into laughter and started rolling on the floor clutching their bellies. By now a small vein had appeared on Hanamichi's forehead and without warning he launched himself at the unsuspecting three and blessed them with three head butts.

"So what are we waiting for?"

"Ayako and Haruko" answered Mitsui

"Ayachan" repeated Miyagi with hearts in his eyes

"Harukochan" repeated Hanamichi with hearts in his eyes as well.

Everyone in the room sweatdropped.

"Well, look who I found here… seems Sakuragi had a visitor in the middle of the night" and on hearing Ayako everybody turned around.

They didn't know how to react. There right in front of their eyes stood Rukawa… he looked slightly paler than usual but he was there… right there in front of them… he had been right here under the same roof as Hanamichi.

"Seems they got into a fight again… and well this time Rukawa collapsed…" everybody listened… their curiosity growing by the second along with their surprise. Finally when Ayako had finished her account of the story she looked to and fro between the two players. "I don't like what is going on between you two… you better sort it out before the next game otherwise I'll make sure that you'll be warming the benches… this better not affect your game. Anyway… I'll see y'all downstairs" and with that she left accompanied by Miyagi to check out the two patients.

Hanamichi stared at the boy at the door and all at once his anger and hate welled up inside him. Electric sparks shot between the two boys as they glared at each other and the temperature of the room had noticeably shot up. Finally after what seemed like an eternity Hanamichi turned his back on Rukawa and went to gather his belongings.

"Daijobou Sakuragi-kun?" inquired Haruko softly.

"Aaah… Haruko chan… I am fine… aaah" babbled Hanamichi who was now blushing furiously.

"See you downstairs then" and with that she walked out of the room.

"Maybe we should leave now… oi baka! How about you hurry up!"

"Micchy how dare you call the Tensai a baka!" and with that Hanamichi stormed towards the doorway. Mitsui and the gundam were waiting for him outside his room and when he finally exited he was inches away from Rukawa. Immediately he stopped in mid stride.

Mitsui and the gundam looked at the two and they slowly approached them trying their level best two avoid another punch out. "Ano… it is okay you guys… I am not going to fight with him today… he isn't worth my time, strength or energy."

Hanamichi kept on looking at Rukawa… he wasn't glaring at him… this time it was more like he was scrutinizing him. Finally, he snorted and loudly said "D'aho!" and then he continued on his path towards his now stunned friends.

"Hey come on… I'll walk you home… I think you need the help" said Sendoh as he too left the room and started walking towards the elevator.

Rukawa saw Sendoh ahead of him and settled on walking slightly behind the spiky haired player. He didn't know how to react as well… and obviously he wasn't doing a good job of hiding it if Sendoh could so easily read him. (I am not going to fight with him today… he isn't worth my time, strength or energy) those words kept repeating themselves in his mind. //So he does look down on me! Asshole! That is what he is… an egoistical asshole… just because he can play as good as me now he thinks he can look down on me!// Yes… Rukawa had finally admitted that Sakuragi was as good as him but he would never say it out loud. //I guess that I am just going to start ignoring him once again… as Ayako said… I shouldn't allow this to affect my game… // his train of thought was interrupted by Sendoh.

Sendoh looked at the figure walking beside him. They had long left the hospital and parted ways with the group and now Rukawa was walking beside him. He noticed that even though Rukawa was his usual silent self… he was deep in thought. "Hey lets go grab a bite… maybe I can help you with whatever you are thinking about." Rukawa glanced at Sendoh and finally he nodded in agreement and then followed Sendoh as he led the way to the restaurant.

~*~

//Hmm… this isn't going anywhere… maybe I should start the conversation// Sendoh looked at the boy sitting opposite him and once again he found himself at a loss for words. Rukawa was sitting opposite him and staring at his drink as if it were the most fascinating thing in the world. //What the hell could be so fascinating about orange juice? …Why won't he look up at me? …What in the world is he thinking about? … And why is it that I don't seem to be able to say a word to him?// thought an extremely exasperated Sendoh. Finally he shook his head out of irritation and blurted out the first thing that came to mind "Why did you fight with Sakuragi?" Rukawa snapped his head upwards and stared at him. //It's a start// "So what happened? …normally you'd just ignore him… so why the sudden reaction?"

Rukawa stared at the spiky haired player not answering any of his questions. //Why indeed? Well maybe if I knew why I wouldn't feel so bothered… but on the other hand why is this bothering me so much?//

"You know… it'd be better if people knew what actually went on… and you and Sakuragi not saying a word about the whole affair isn't helping things."

"…"

"This is serious… people are starting to doubt you and from the account I heard I wouldn't blame them"

"…"

"Maybe I don't blame Sakuragi for punching you… If you acted the way you are acting right now I can't blame him" muttered Sendoh irritably.

"How can I answer what I don't know?"

"Still keeping to your under 10 words sentences I see… well you better figure it out. You are in a mess and you not knowing why is just going to worsen the situation."

"Hn…"

"Humour me… how did this whole thing start?"

"…"

"You might as well talk… I will find out about it either way… I just thought it'd be better if I'd hear it from you"

"He offered me a truce"

"Huh?" replied Sendoh not quite comprehending what had just been said.

"A truce" repeated Rukawa, glaring at Sendoh.

"Oh! …so what was the problem then? Shouldn't you be happy with the idea of not arguing with him anymore?"

"I don't know what the problem is"

"I wouldn't blame you… even I can't get it… but all I have to say is that you better sort it out quickly" answered a relatively confused Sendoh.

Sendoh accompanied Rukawa to his doorstep and as he was about to turn away he heard Rukawa "Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Talking to me… advising me…"

"Why? Shouldn't I? Isn't that what friends do?"

"You don't doubt me… Why?"

"Cause I think that when you figure it out… your explanation would be totally logical" //and the fact that I'll never be able to doubt you//

"…"

"Ja"

"Chotte matte… how can you be so sure?"

Rukawa was now standing a few inches away from Sendoh.

Sendoh looked at him and for the first time he was greeted with a different sight. The Rukawa standing in front of him was one lost in confusion… his face still wore its usual bored look but the blue eyes were filled with confusion and uncertainty. Never in his life would he have thought of seeing Rukawa looking at him in that manner and it was totally captivating. He stared back at Rukawa and lost himself in those blue depths.

Rukawa was shocked at the feel of Sendoh's lips on his. He could feel Sendoh's tongue licking the corner of his mouth and he felt himself giving out a soft moan. At that moment Sendoh's tongue plunged into his mouth and all shock was forgotten as he let himself drown in the onslaught of new but fascinating and pleasurable feelings that swamped him.

end of part 8

Author's Note

Aloha minna….
Hmm… jap crosses hawaian!! *I wonder*
I know I am babbling … can't help it!!! *sigh*

Okie for once me going to make it short!!
Me tired and lazy to write
So all I got to say is don't kill me… I am too young to die
PLEEEAZE dun't kill me!!!!
I know the pairing isn't wat it was supposed to be….
But then again I never promised y'all a hanaru!!! Bwahahaha *laughs evily*
Okie so please dun't kill me
And pls continue reading the fics… as more surprises are at hand!!!
So as I said… you can expect anything in the fic… so read on and hopefully you'll enjoy the twists!!!!

- fanfictions -