- fanfictions -

Title : Wanted
Author : Chibi Angel
Pairing : RuHana/HanaRu
Parts : 1/1

Hanamichi dribbled the ball a little, before he made a jump, stretched foward his hands. With a quick flick of the wrists, he landed as he watched the ball loop through the air.....and hitting the rim of the basket before falling to the ground. He sighed and picked up the ball. He then jogged back to the back of the three-pointer line and tried again.

He felt bored. And empty. For once, there was noone to accompany him. His guntai had gone for their summer job, and it was already after practice. Hanamichi sighed. And Kaede was not with him either. Ever since Rukawa and him had gotten together, they seemed to hardly spend time with each other. Rukawa was spending his time on practice at Shohoku, as well as trying out for the National team. Things did not seem the same anymore. They didn't even quarrel and fight as often as before. Hanamichi had hoped that he could spend some quality time with Rukawa by an one-on-one that day, but the latter shrugged and said that he had something else to do. Suddenly, a wave of frustration came over him. Elicitng a growl of frustration, Hanamichi dribbled the ball again, running foward at full speed, finally leaping off the ground, and slamming the ball through the basket. Hanging onto the basket for a little while, he hung there feeling desolate all of the sudden. Releasing his grip on the basket gradually, he landed clumsily on his feet.

'What the heck am I doin feeling so depressed...' Hanamichi glanced up at the evening sky. It was crimson, with a slight hue of midnight blue....'Kitsune...'

He sighed in exasperation. This was making no sense. Why was he so darn obsessed with his boyfriend? He knew very well that Rukawa had been too busy to spend time with him, but, he could not help but feel ....abandoned. NO! Shaking his head furiously, Hanamichi tried to make himself think other things. Somehow or rather, he felt insecure. Other than the time Rukawa confessed that he liked him, the silent and stoic boy did not even attempt to show any display of affection towards him. But somehow, he knew that that Rukawa loved him....or did he?

"ARGH!!!" Hanamichi was about to clear his head the usual way, when a casual hand was placed on his shoulder, just in time to stop him from hurting himself.

"Sakuragi?" Two pairs of sky-blue eyes looked at him curiously.

=*******************=

Rukawa was pacing up and down some distance away from his koi's house. He knew he had sort of neglected Hanamichi the past few months, ever since they got together. It wasn't that he didn't want to spend time with the redhead. Hell. He wanted to be with Hanamichi more than ever. But still, his future came first. It seemed so ironic. This was the first time he had been so frantic and desperate about seeing his do'aho, or maybe it was because he was terrified about losing Hanamichi. It wasn't easy summoning the courage to confess his feelings. Plus the fact that Hanamichi had a wide circle of friends, he could not help but be real careful about the people around Hanamichi.

He felt like he had not seen Hanamichi in ages. Of course, there was yesterday's basketball practice, but that didn't count much. He wanted to be alone with Hanamichi, to be with the redhead when he wasn't nervous. Rukawa made a mental decision to grab this chance to show Hanamichi his affections for him. He wasn't going to risk losing Hanamichi to ANYONE at all. Tired of pacing up and down the pavement, Rukawa leaned against the wall of a building two blocks away from Hanamichi's house, glaring at the house, willing his do'ahou to appear suddenly.

Soon, he noticed a massive shadow a good 10 metres away from it. It was tall, but too bulky to be Hanamichi. But he heard the familiar loud, over-confident laugh. Squinting his eyes a little, he saw that the massive dark shadow was actually two people in a conversation. Walking a little nearer, he could barely contain his curiosity, not to mention jealousy, on who his boyfriend was with at this time of the night. (Actually, it's only 9pm. But Rukawa could not stand anyone being alone with his boyfriend ANYTIME.) Edging closer to the couple, the narrow fox eyes widened by a fraction when he heard that hateful low teasing chuckle that belonged to the ace of Ryonan. The jealousy meter shot to the maximum and broke with a 'pop' sound. Cold eyes started to burn with immense heat, and the boy hiding behind the gate watching the couple was trying desperately to send telepathy to his koi.

'GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM DO'AHO!!!!'

If there was one thing Rukawa could not tolerate, it was Hanamichi being with Sendoh Akira, who in his opinion, was the one and only guy who hasn't given up on his boyfriend. (a/n: *rolls eyes* wat makes him think everyone is after Hana? altho that IS highly possible)

He gripped the gate he was holding onto tightly as he watched Hanamichi and Sendoh continue their conversation. He saw Hanamichi'e head jerk in surprise at something Sendoh said, and Sendoh laughed in reply, patting the redhead's shoulder as a sign of comfort. Rukawa almost crushed the gate to pieces with his bare hands. It took all of his willpower not to barge in and whisk Hanamichi away to some secluded place where there would only be two of them. But he could not do so. Not when his relationship with Hanamichi was that unsteady. 'Damn!' He cursed to himself, 'See? You didn't take your chance when you could! He was yours! He IS yours!'

Rukawa was too busy mentally reproaching himself, that he did not notice a figure approaching him.

"Kitsune? Why are you clutching to my neighbour's gate for?" Hanamichi peered closely at Rukawa's face, inevitably inching closer to see what was wrong with him.Rukawa stared at Hanamichi's face blankly before blinking a little.

"Nothing. Let's go ahou. I'll walk you home." Hanamichi's jaw dropped promptly, but followed Rukawa.

The couple walked down the neighbourhood in uncomfortable silence. Rukawa was too deep in thought and he did not realise that Hanamichiw as also lagging behind, with a very troubled look. The redhead was blushing when he approached Rukawa. And he knew who had caused the blush. And he was in the least pleased about it.

When they reached Hanamichi's house, Hanamichi stopped and held onto Rukawa's arm. Turning around, he saw that Hanamichi had his head bowed low, fidgeting around. He seemed to have difficulty in saying what he intended.

"Erm...Kit- I mean, Kaede....erm.." Hanamichi was staring at his shifting feet and red was splashed onto his cheeks. Rukawa had never seen so shy before. And why was Hanamichi calling him by his name suddenly? Rukawa felt a sensation he had never experienced before. Panic. Hanamichi must have had something serious to tell him if he was acting so strangely! And the thought about a blushing Hanamichi and laughing Sendoh came into his mind again. Growling inwardly, he swore he would not give up without a fight. Reaching out for Hanamichi's hand, he started whatever coherent babble he could think of. But, of course, this was Rukawa Kaede after all. He grabbed Hanamichi's arm, then paused. A very long pause. Hanamichi looked up surprised and curious, but Rukawa did not let go. His mouth was open but nothing came out.

Hanamichi stared in curiosity. Rukawa was acting weird. Very weird. Then he thought of what he and Sendoh had talked about just now. He was telling how insecure he felt and he was afraid that Rukawa might leave him. (a/n: do'ahous think alike *grin* ) He looked at Rukawa closely. He seemed to have difficulty mouthing and voicing whatever he wanted to say. It was amusing, but the first thought in Hanamichi's mind made him want to cry instead of laughing. Rukawa neglected him just to tell him now that they were about to break up? No wonder he did nothing to show his love for him. Because there wasn't any in the first place. But he wasn't about to give up true love when he finally found it after so long. * If you want some things to be changed you have to take the initiative to show him what you really want * Those were Sendoh's advice to him. But being the one who always found amusement in teasing him, Sendoh even suggested he jump Rukawa the next time he saw his boyfriend, making him blush furiously at the thought. But what must be done had to be done.

Rukawa was still finding the courage when he noticed Hanamichi leaning towards him. He was surprised when a pair of soft pliant lips pressed against his cheek. Eyes widening, he stared as Hanamichi leaned back, blushing and smiling nervously. He held onto Hanamichi's hand now, very tightly. There was a burst of joy, and then a mysterious gleam in the azure orbs. He quickly leaned over and planted a kiss on Hanamichi's lips. Then, he grabbed Hanamichi and dragged his boyfriend into the house.

All happened so fast that Hanamichi could only blink at Rukawa'a reaction. When the sound of the front door being shut finally registered into his brain, he was surprised to see Rukawa in front of him, in his house.

"Eh? Kitsune, what are you doing here?"

"Do'ahou, it's late. I'm staying here."

"But I don't have an extra bed! You're too big for the couch!!!"

".... *smirk* I'll sleep in your room then."

"Nani!? *grumble* ..ok. You can take the bed... I'll get some extra blankets..."

Rukawa grabbed Hanamichi by the waist suddenly.

"Do'ahou, there's no need for extra blankets. Your bed is enough."

Hanamichi's eyes nearly popped out when he realised the implications. But Rukawa was already getting comfortable in his bed. There was no way he could get the stubborn fox to change his mind. Reluctantly, he climbed into bed as well, praying fervently that he could survive this night, and that Rukawa wouldn't try anything.

OWARI~

- fanfictions -